Flower Crowns

{mention of suicide and attempted suicide, muteness}

As a kid Tommy spoke a lot. Then he walked in on his mother after she had chugged a bunch of meds, and then less then a month later he walked in on Techno trying to do the same. Since then he has only talked to Philza and Tubbo and once he spoke to Wilbur. Techno blames himself. He always does. The first time Tommy spoke to Tubbo was almost a year after the first Incident.

Tubbo was the only friend of Tommy's to stick around after he went mute. Tubbo made sure to hang out with Tommy at least once a week but honestly where you find one you could almost always find the other. Tubbo fully understood sign language but they had their own language full of taps and ear tugs that they only used sign language on rare occasions.

Tubbo hadn't been expecting it, the first time. They had been playing in the flower field Tubbo had found. Tubbo always loved the field because it had three different beehives and many different types of flowers.

Tubbo was making flower crowns. Tommy had made a habit to try one or two before he either got bored or got mad that they were not working. Tommy had finally gotten one to work. It was messy but it definitely was a flower crown.

"Tubbo, look." Tommy's voice had broken the soft silence that had settled over the boys. Tubbo had jerked his head up.

"Oh my gods. Tommy you did it." Tubbo had cheered when Tommy put the crown on his head. Tommy wore the crown with pride. Tubbo then realized Tommy had spoken. "Wait Tommy can you say that again?"

"I said Tubbo, look." Tommy said again with a proud smile. He struck a goofy pose and Tubbo laughed again. And now when the boys are alone. Instead of comfortable silence they sit with Tommy softly rambling about something and Tubbo listening. When people are around Tubbo is the only one who speaks but he can keep enough of a conversation with Tommy even if he doesn't speak. 

/////|||||\\\\\

I'm back chat