Carrying On

I really hope you guys like this- it's been awhile since I posted so hopefully I haven't lost my touch.

*also Mary is alive just because.

////

Mary's brows furrowed "You want to take Dean on a roadtrip?" She said, repeating Sam's words "He's never going to agree to that."

"I know but maybe I can convince him?"

"Or you can just tell him what you want to tell him."

"No..it's- its more complicated than that mom..me and Dean we've been all each others got- ride or die for almost sixteen years I can't just spring this on him."

Mary surrendered "Alright, alright but a roadtrip?"

"Dean's favourite activities are drinking and playing video games, there's not much else we can do together and besides..sharing a car for hours on end?- we're pretty good at that."

"I'm sure you are."

Sam shook his head at his mother's nonchalance "Just please don't tell him anything."

"Oh I won't." Mary swore "I can't wait to see how this turns out."

/////

"Hey Dean." Sam greeted his brother as he neared the map table sitting across from Dean who was typing on his laptop with one hand while he nursed a beer with the other. "Hey Sammy." He said not looking up from the screen.

He looked up though when he realised Sam was being weirdly silent "Did you need something?"

"No-well yeah- I mean.."

"Spit it out Sammy."

"Well..I'm free for the week, since Eileen is busy and I was wondering if you wanted to take a trip?- just the two of us."

"..where?"

"Just on the road..y'know stop at a few places."

Dean paused, watching Sam look anywhere but him "So..a roadtrip?- as in what we do basically everything year, month, day and week?"

Sam flushed, because hearing it like that made it sound..dumb "Yeah but this time it won't be to hunt, just for ourselves."

Dean nodded, pretending to play along "Okay and what would we do?"

"Well for starters you might find someone or-"

"Are you trying to get me a girlfriend?- or a boyfriend?" Dean laughed shortly at his brothers efforts "Sammy I'm forty two."

Sam sputtered "Oh come on Dean when was the last time you dated- let alone been interested in someone?"

Dean shrugged his brows "Well there was that bartender a few years back." Dean briefly remembered Donnie, the bartender he had met when Sam left him to his own devices for a night and he found himself in a bar hustling kids at pool. He grinned "I was interested in him for the two hours we spent getting to know each other in the comfort of his bedroom."

Sam rolled his eyes, regretting his efforts to help Dean find a relationship that wasn't him or Castiel, Dean sighed heavily "What do you want me to say Sammy? Maybe I'm already happy?- I've got you- mom, Jack-, Donna- Jody and the girls– Cas I don't need nothin' else."

"I just worry Dean.."

"Well don't because I'm just fine. I promise." He stood up taking his beer and laptop with him as he went to leave stopping just to say "Four days, tomorrow, eight am- I drive, we get to stop for snacks whenever I'm hungry, I pick the music- shotgun shuts his cake hole." With that he left and Sam smiled as he watched his brother go.