should I stay or go?

"What do you mean?" "I said what I said. Steve, you're not going alone."

He furrowed his eyebrows and smiled to the side and let out a small laugh in hopes that she was kidding.

"Oh you're being serious? No Stas. If I go, you're not coming."

"Oh yes I am."

"Ohh but no you're not."

"Do you think I'm not capable? Are we gonna have another fight like right before our jet took off to Russia?"

"God, no of course not. But the most obvious reason is you'll still be in physical therapy. You won't even be close to  completely healed. If you get hurt again or your wound worsens because of a preventable mistake, I don't know what I'd do. You say you can't lose me but Stas, I can't lose you. Your brother would take my life himself if I put you in a situation where the possibility of losing you exists. You won't be 100% for this mission. If I go, I go without you."

"Who knows? Maybe I'll be completely fine by then."

"No don't do that. I know you. Now you're gonna try and rush through your healing process. Stas, you're just gonna end up hurting yourself in the end."

"Steve I-"

"The answer is no. Stop asking. Your name isn't anywhere in the request anyways."

"Oh right because it's so difficult to simply go to Fury and ask to be put on." She added sarcastically.

"Anastasia stop it."

"Wow."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes and looked the other way. "I'm trying to save you from a mission that I don't even wanna do. You shouldn't be persisting this anymore."

"Fine."

"Fine."

With their jaws clenched in frustration they looked away from each other. "Maybe Mrs.Carter could go on this little fun mission with you then."

"What's that supposed to mean?" She sighed and said, "nothing it means nothing." Steve raised an eyebrow at her.

What the hell is she going on and on about? 

"Listen, I don't want this mission to push you away from me. It's the last thing I want."

"I can sense a but coming.."

He looked into her frustration filled sweet brown eyes that somewhat glistened adjacent to her blood streaked hair strands at her pale olive cheeks.

"I'm going. Without you. I'm gonna do absolutely anything and everything in my power to ensure you don't join me."

She scoffed in anger and bit her lip slightly looking away.

"So. Two and a half weeks huh. We better eat all the grilled cheeses we can until then."

Stas came to terms with the situation. She saw within his eyes that he didn't want anything to happen to her especially after what occurred on the last mission where he saved her life.

However, she didn't want anything to happen to him either. She didn't know how to put it into words how she felt about him going.

Steve laughed and put his arm around her and pulled her close to him tightly. He smelled like the salty clear ocean with a hint of woodsy vanilla.

Two scents she never thought would go so well together. At that moment in his arms, she didn't wanna be elsewhere. Anastasia closed her eyes and took it all in.

Stas slipped her hand into his which was lying on her arm. They quickly yet softly interlocked fingers. Steve stroked his thumb along hers unknowingly putting her to sleep.

A few minutes pass and he looks down at the asleep woman in his arms with her head pressed on his arm around her limp body.

A slight smile formed on his face as he looked at the most beautiful girl inside and out that he'd ever known.

Steve was falling for her so quickly it began to scare him. He believed that the feelings weren't reciprocated and that Stas had fallen for Loki.

He placed his head by her temple and closed his eyes. The two laid there asleep, cuddling and holding on tight to one another.