gifts, attitudes and Ryder

They have now reached Stassie's favorite part of December.

The twenties.

She loved the 20's dates in December because everyday was stored with wrapping paper, hot cocoa, movie nights, happiness, pajamas, snow and decorations.

Steve's POV:

In five days, I'm proposing to Anastasia. I think.

I can't figure out if I should propose on her 21st birthday or on Christmas morning. I need help trying to plan it, and there isn't anyone better than the group I called down to the basement for help.

As they all piled in, they sat down on the massive furry bean bags in front of me. In order they sat; Nat, Wanda, Peter, Yelena, Sam, Bruce and Loki.

"Okay, before we begin I need to know where Stassie is."

My arms were crossed as I leaned on the grey painted wall with a blue neon light of an Avengers logo.

"She's wrapping gifts with Tony and Pepper in the main area." Loki assured, pointing up at the ceiling indicating that she was just above them.

"Great. I need help planning this proposal. My head is a tangled mess."

"Don't be nervous, Cap. She's gonna say yes." Sam chuckled.

I watched them all as they nodded in agreement.

"I just want it to be perfect for her. Should I do it Christmas morning or her birthday?" I bit my lip trying to process what would be the better option.

"Christmas morning." They all responded without hesitation. It's like they didn't even need to think about it.

"Are you guys sure?"

"Certainly. She doesn't think she could possibly be obsessed with Christmas more. If you PROPOSE to her on that day... you'll rock her whole world." Yelena responded with a huge smile and body language that spoke for her.

I looked at Nat who was already nodding along as Yelena spoke. "She's right, Steve. Do it."

"All I have to say is, you put a ring on that girl's finger, don't ever make her regret it, you understand me?" Bruce warned.

He was her only true father figure and he knew it. I understood why he was being so I guess.. scary.. to me. Bruce just didn't want to see her hurt again.

"I understand."

"On a lighter note, now that we figured out which day, we now have to figure out how exactly it is that you're going to propose." Sam pointed out.

"Why don't you leave the ring in your pocket the whole time we're opening gifts. Wrap the box alone and leave it as the last gift, so hide it in the tree. When she unwraps it and opens the box, make sure you're already behind her on your knee and boom. Propose." Wanda suggested.

My jaw dropped. Her idea couldn't have been better.

"How- How'd you just come up with that?" Peter questioned. We were all noticeably stunned.

"We had this conversation like three years ago for fun what a dream proposal would be. That was hers. I always hoped I'd get to be a helper in her proposal just because I knew what her dream proposal was."

Wanda was smiling so genuinely and so proudly. Funny how things work out, huh.

"I'm glad you're a part of this." I said to Wanda.

"I'm actually glad you're all a part of this." I waved my arm around to the group that sat in front of me.

"Our Stassie is gonna be engaged!" The girls squealed.