Right back to where we started

Five weeks go by and baby Peter is now a week over due. No water has broken or been lost but Stassie's patience has.

"Listen here, Peter. Mommy is tired of having you cooking up in this belly. I miss not craving the most random things, hun. I want to meet you and see that precious face. Get out of here." She spoke to her belly in the bath tub she laid in.

The water was cold just as she liked it and filled with a rose scent as petals floats around her.

Steve sat next to her, applying drops of water onto her forehead, sides of her face and let it drip onto her neckline.

"He'll be out soon, my love." Steve assured.

The baby kicked. He kicked hard.

"Alright yea get moving but out of there, silly boy."

She laughed, trying to catch her breath. Having a baby constantly resting on your ribs takes a lot of out of you.

She hadn't been on a mission in 7 months and it was killing her. Stassie had to be out there doing what she loved. Being the person she was.

Steve had taken his maternity leave as well since 3 months ago. He's been so good and hasn't left her side once. Steve's been there for all the hormonal roller coasters, weird cravings, anxiety about Stassie being a mom, building the crib and entire nursery down the hall.

He's done it all.

Stas looked away from her belly she was caressing and stared into her favorite ocean eyes.

She smiled to herself, knowing and glad she picked the right man.

"I'd throw myself in front of a whole ass train for you Rogers."

"I know." He chuckled. "And I too"

"Do you ever regret settling down so early in our lives?"

And the hormonal questions were back.

"No, little Stark. I don't. Since dating you, I have made every single choice the way I knew I should. I haven't made a mistake yet. I don't plan to either." He rubbed her head as she closed her eyes.

Peter kicked again.

"Oooo wait why am I peeing? Why the hell can't I control this right now- wait"

Stas readjusted herself to sit up in the tub.

She looked back at Steve who was beaming.

"The baby's coming." They said in unison.

"Oh god, Steve. I'm so excited. But I am so scared. This is terrifying. Please don't leave my side, don't you dare leave me right now." She demanded. Fear growing into her eyes more and more by the second.

"I am not going anywhere, you hear me? F.R.I.D.A.Y?" He continued.

"Yes, Mr.Rogers" She spoke back on the bathroom intercom.

"Please send Bruce here immediately"

"On it."

Steve looked back at Stas who was trying to fix her straggling breaths.

"Hey, you. Look at me."

She shook her head and let out small breaths in intervals.

"Stassie, sweetheart, look at me."

She looked over at him. Steve, well anyone for that matter, could see how genuine this fear was. He's never seen anything like it other than the day she begged him to take her home from the mission.