want me? prove it

The next day after the funeral, Steve was doing much better.

No one ate breakfast together that morning though. Anastasia hadn't spoken to Peter since their moment during the meeting. She was in Bucky's room eating a bacon egg and cheese they made together.

They were talking about the Accords when Steve came in since the door was opened and closed it behind him. "So uh, Tony signed it."

Stas rolled her eyes. "Anyone else?" Steve nodded. "Vision, Rhodey, and T'challa who's all the way in Wakanda right now."

"Great." She muttered. "Peter?" Steve shook his head to answer her. "No Peter yet." She nodded. "Nat?" "Not yet but I can see her signing it."

Stas scoffed as she took another bite of her food. "Who's with us?" Buck asked Steve who was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed looking at Stas.

Shaking away his thoughts and view of Stas, he looks at Bucky and responds. "The three of us, Scott, Clint and I believe Wanda."

"Have you spoken to Tony, Stasia?" Bucky looked at the girl who was leaning against his headboard practically making out with her bagel.

"Hm? Oh um no. Gosh no. Not after yesterday. I'm shocked for with someone who can be so stubborn he's okay to just give up what we do best." She said while wiping her mouth with a napkin.

Steve walked over to the bed and sat at the end. "Stassie, I'm really happy you're siding with us on this."

She tilted her head. "Listen, I'm not doing this because I'm trying to get closer to you again. I'm doing this because it's genuinely what I believe. We help people. We put our lives on the line without second guessing ourselves. It's what we do. I'll fight for that."

Bucky widened his eyes at the awkward moment unfolding before him.

"No I know- but this could be good you know?" Steve added.

"I agree. This could be good.. for us. For the group as a whole." She said trying to take his mind off the topic of him and Stas.

"Right." Steve remarked.

Jarvis ended up breaking up the conversation and going through Bucky's intercom. "Ms. Stark. Your brother would like to see you in the mission room."

"Awesome." She said while scratching the back of her neck.

Without saying goodbye, she walked to the mission room in one of Peter's old shirts and Nike spandex with her hair in a bun.

"You called?" She said sitting down and swirling herself around in the chair,  effortlessly with sass.

"Stas, I want to talk about yesterday." He said taking the seat beside her. She sat criss crossed on the seat and faced Tony. He seemed regretful.

"I want to start off by saying, there isn't a single thing I wouldn't do for you. You are the most important thing to me."

She laughed annoyed. "What about Peter?" She asked. He shook his head with sympathy. "Pepper?"

"Pepper's a close second. You kid, you take my first spot." She stared at him blankly not believing it. He didn't make her feel like it recently.

"You know, it sucked having the new guy carry me out the main area while I was drunk and heartbroken. Bucky seems to care about me more than you lately. It would've been nice to have my brother by my side while I cried. It would've been nice to have my brother hold my hair back while I threw up for hours at night. It would've been nice to just get a hug." She said stiffly.