Chapter 24: Betrayed

••••••

••••••

The next day

I told kita to get ready cuz I promise him that I'll help him search for his mother.

We went walking to the place where we had to go, when we reached it was a old underground arcade, but he was confused where we were.

*knock on the door*

"Mahiru where are we?"

"Shhhhh"

A girl open the door it was Asura.

"Oh hey Shachō what's up? Come in"

"Hey, we're here to see Omari"

Omari was sitting in front of her laptop, she turned around and saw us.

"How can I help ya?" She said facing us.

"Hey I wanted some information about 'Mari katsuragi' can you look it up"

"Offcourse" she started typing on her laptop for few min.

While Mahiru was busy kita was looking around the place, he found some documents on the table.

He tried to pick some some but Asura slap her hand "don't touch anything"

"But isn't that Mahiru's birth certificate?"

"Yes our Shachō said she dosent wanna know where she came from or what's her real name as long as she has her friends and her gang"

"That's nice" he saw Omari and Mahiru was still looking at the screen, so he tried to talk to Asura but she wasn't interested.

"Here found it" she said showed it to Mahiru.

"That's it I guess, Oi kita come here is that her?" He came and looked at the information.

"It says she lives in Shibuya just few subways stops away" Mahiru read it out loud.

"So are you gonna meet her?" Mahiru asked.

"Yeah I guess'' something was off, I expected him to be happier or excited but he was nothing like that.

While going home he was spacing out the whole time, we ate some snacks on our way.

"Aren't you happy that we found her" I asked cuz it was getting annoying..

"Yes I am but what if it's true what If she had abandon me cuz she dosent wanted me" I punch him.

"You don't know that yet just go and visit her!!" I proclaimed and started walking, and he tagged along.

After 2days

Kita finally decided to go and visit her mother I was on full support.

"Okay then I'm off" he said smiling I could finally see the excitement and happyness I was expecting.

"Good luck" I gaved him thumbs up and he went out the door..

I took a deep breath and went to rest on the couch, I ate some chips and it was pretty boring.

That evening I feel asleep watching TV, but not for long my sleep was broke when I heard a loud thud on my wall.

"Im back" he said in a lazy voice.

"Hey welcome back so how was it-" I stopped when I saw his eyes was bleeding and his clothes were all wet..

"Oh godd what happened" I went to carry him and put him on the couch..

"Who did this!?" I was worried and terrified I brought a piece of cloth to wash the blood..

"Well it turns out it was true, she didn't need me, but it was my fault I should have left when she said your not my son they beat me up" I had no word to say why did I forced him, why did I said that's not true.

"Im so sorry it's all my fault" I said crying, but he hold my hand "No it's not I should have believe them"

After few hours of calming him down and comforting him, he was back to normal but he decided to go back to Okayama.

"I booked a train ticket to Okayama from a week now,, So I guess this week is my last week with you"

"Im gonna Miss you, Thank you from all the things you did for me" I hug him.

••••••••

••••••••