1:12:1

Reverberations rumble through the island, swaying leaves of the trees composing the forest beneath the dark clouds. Even from a distance, the nonstop series of booms carry an intimate weight of danger, as even away from the combat the whole island had plummeted into a battlefield.

Amongst the waving trees, two distinct flashes of blue light spark, although concealed well by the cover of trees surrounding the anomalies.

Over where the flashes transpired, where they would normally only be grass and sticks, now presents a man in a black jacket beside a large series of tightly packed golden coils creating a barrel that stands upright.

At the destination, the coils begin recoiling, unwrapping the barrel which exposes two individuals, a woman dressed in a white oversized hoodie, and a man dressed in a large brown overcoat. Seeping back into their source, the golden coils are absorbed into a third individual secreted in the barrel, a woman adorned in a perfectly tailored black blazer.

All four now in the forest, they glance at their surroundings, immediately able to hear the echoes of violent thunder as the man in the overcoat glimpses at the sky while the woman in the blazer steps forward to observe the forest with keen green eyes.

Among the group, the woman in the white hoodie turns to the man in the black jacket, whose hood is down at first, initially facing away from the three as he too notes the situation. He then turns his head to gaze at the group through blue eyes, registering his own human face to them as a means of mental configuration.

Once all three notice him, he then silently grabs the back of his back hood and pulls it over his head, covering his white locks. His grip maintained, he maintains eye contact as black carbon fiber-esc material creeps up from the back of his head within the hood. Crawling by instating single fibers in a rapid process, the material covers his pale face until it completely veils his face in blackness.

A moment after, where his eyes once were manifests two parallelogram lenses that emit a dim azureus glow with streaks rising up the inner vertices of the lenses past the hood and rays declining down the outer vertices to the chin of the mask.

Upon eye contact post transfiguration, the woman in the hoodie turns her head away, struggling to stare the mask in the eyes. Her immediate distress is visible as her mouth fumbles in a desperate attempt to recollect herself, her hands closed into fists simultaneously.

Aware of the effect he had, the man speaks quietly through the distorted, inhuman module, acknowledging "I apologize, I understand you dislike my use of this mask, I likely should've mentioned my employment of it prior."

Referred to, the woman in the hoodie turns back and empowers herself to stare the man back in the eyes. After a few seconds of gazing into the glowing mask, she sighs gently and assures, "This is your mission, I tagged along last second so I have no authority over your methods. You're right that I don't like it, but I won't drag you down if it's what you need, 'Tempest'." Her fists loosen before opening, managing to destress herself.

Kokei then grabs her own white hood and throws it over her head, decaled with cartoon sprinkles and icing textures. Her face remains exposed as any ordinary hood would, regardless she maintains the bare concealment.

Bemused by the seemingly negligible choice, the Tempest addresses, "Is there a reason for that?"

Kokei sways her head from side to side, justifying to herself "Same thing as you, just hiding my face so nobody knows it's me."

Unamused, the Tempest glares back at her before revealing, "That likely won't make a difference, facial recognition would work just fine even like that."