3:10:8

That final explosion was microscopic to the human eye, potentially misjudged as any short flare, but augmented by the golden lenses that rotate inside Dana's green eye she had seen it all, and with the image the anguish was magnified hundred fold.

The lenses slowly disperse into individual golden strands that crawl back into her black pupils, receding away with no more that needs to be seen, and once the final strand returns beneath the abyss, her body is let go to her knees.

Upon dropping on her golden knees, gray rocks are propelled omnidirectionally away, bouncing against each other as her head tilts straight down, her amber bangs draping around her head as her miserable green eyes just stare into empty space.

Her lips are parted ever so slightly, quivering and making soft hyperventilating sobbing nearly silent but only made audible by the complete lack of any other sound.

Droplets of tears drip off her eyes and on her thighs, the worst having come true, leaving her in a state of utter loss freezing her body.

Even now Kokei's right arm remains extended, her hand stretched open, reaching for a hand no longer composed. Her entire arm shakes as silent streams of tears rush out her eyes, not audibly sobbing but instead almost in a state of disbelief, as she finally proclaimed her desires only for any chance to be shut right in front of her face.

But as seconds pass and there is still no man in her sight to receive her hand, her arm eventually gives out and drops by her side, her body leaning slightly forward and her head tilting down as pink strands cover her face too, directed the same way as her tears.

Only one not to tear, Ekitai just stares with his mouth open, his eyes wide but unable to weep. His arms remain by his side, his legs keeping him standing straight, not in an utter breakdown but that is not to say he was completely put together either.

He just gazes straight at the blazing cyan gate, the gate that had accepted his comrade, and let him depart his side.

So as he stares in an expression not even apparent of grief but rather almost dumbfoundedness, he simply admits to himself, "I figured that our time together would've been brief...just a day's worth of memories that'd fade centuries from now...maybe I'd remember little moments but it'd all be like a dream...."

Waving back and forth so slightly, Ekitai's arm swings with its hand still wrapped around the handle of the handgun, the copper wires wrapped around the barrel shimmering cyan, the screen interface still lit, a weapon ready for many battles to come but no longer joined with its second companion.

Lowering his head as his yellow eyes scintillate above a frown, Ekitai glooms as in a voice raspy yet gentle he contends to himself, "But...I thought there would still be a few more memories to make...I thought there was more we'd do...."

While the other hand remains on his handgun, Ekitai's skeletal hand reaches into his overcoat's inner pocket and pulls out a flask half filled with the immortalizing purple liquid, holding it out in front of him with an extended arm wrapped in the sleeve multiple sizes larger than his bony rod.

Holding onto the flask firmly, Ekitai's arm then tilts, tilting the flask from upright to upside down, causing the liquid to funnel through the aperture and pour out in a thick purple stream that rains down onto the gray rocky floor, droplets leaping out in all directions as the pool gradually grows.

In silence Ekitai pours out the remainder of the flask, watching the downpour accumulate on the ground at his feet, letting even the final few droplets slide down the glassy casing and through the hole to join with the rest of the puddle.

A few more moments pass as his body just remains frozen, his melancholic yellow eyes just staring at the puddle, before alas he returns the emptied flask to his inner pocket.