4:10:1

So vast the universe's size is that its total scale has yet to be documented or even properly estimated, as the exact size couldn't be determined without being outdated near instantly due to its constant expansion. Even then, the observable universe is likely only a minor chunk of the full space, for it's unknown exactly how many systems there are, how many worlds, how many other lifeforms may exist. Placing a single number or even an estimated range of the amount of planets in the universe would be absurd, in fact it may be useless to try. A few samples for planets have been observed, but beyond that there is little documentation for the extent of diversity a planet can be, the atmosphere it can hold, the climates that occur within them, and the life that experiences them.

One of the best samples we have in fact is the one we live on, the Earth which may be the most colorful planet known, the bright blue ocean wrapping around the whole globe with lands of brown and vibrant green spread about all underneath the umbrella of white swirls of clouds. In that one singular planet there is an expansive ecosystem, a collection of them even, all spread over a huge quantity of unique biomes. The biomes on this planet consist of raging winds in white mountains, lively marshes and swamps where water grazes land, and roaring lava within volcanoes. There are many sources of sound on the planet, from just movement of lifeless nature like the breezes of winds and splashes of lava, that not even grazing the catalog of sounds from life itself, huge elephants and miniscule ants, the range of sound in volume and pitch wider than what can even be registered by ear. On this singular planet there are so many species whose habitats range from land, air, and the depths of water that haven't even been properly cataloged, all of which make their own sounds: roars, chirps, and hums. Even with just this sample planet alone there are great possibilities for the ecosystems other planets could harbor out in the cosmos, in each of those systems that center one of the numerous white glimmers amongst the clouds of purple and blue containing gasses in great concentration, the gasses that lead to the reactions that allow the system of life to thrive. Earth was never silent, for in many places on the planet concurrently there were sounds being made, and so if even a fraction of the planets amongst the stars were similar, they wouldn't be silent either. Thus the universe itself shouldn't be silent, as it's filled with planets that are filled with sound. The universe should be abundant with the sound of many profiles.

However, just like all those white glimmers sit across a giant black plane, from an encompassing view of the universe out in space there is total silence. Even close to one of those planets, Earth, there is silence. Even surrounded by all the innumerable stars, there is silence. For as vast the universe was, for as many biomes and ecosystems existed in just one planet at a time multiplied to infinity all across space, there was no sound. Inside a universe where there lacks a proper term to describe its size, one harboring life that cannot be quantified in diversity or scale, a universe so greatly overloaded with complexity that even when focusing on minor details there seems to be a neverending depth, there is just silence.

Samely silent and trudging this dark universe past that Earth is a long beam drifting in the cosmos, moving in a straight line like space debris or manmade satellite technology.

Neighboring the Earth is its moon, a celestial body also massive, though it lacks many of those unique elements about the Earth. Instead of having a vibrant color palette, it's simply gray. From what can be observed, there is not a single form of life on the surface. There is no sound even on the rocky floor, not from gusts of wind, splashing waters, roaming animals or otherwise. The moon is simply a globe of rocky craters all throughout, a harsh contrast to the colorful Earth not far. Also not far is that gliding beam, which upon closer inspection has a vaguely golden body.

Both the Earth and Moon are indeed moving, the Earth is orbiting its sun and the Moon is orbiting its Earth, and at the same time they're rotating. Though their movements are at a rate that's too slow to properly observe at real time, at least at a glance. Opposed to that, the movement of the golden beam is far more significant, soaring away from the two globes after passing them.