2:5:1

"I still remember that day as if it was yesterday, every second from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep, and in every second I remember every scent I smelled, every sight I saw, every texture I felt. It lives in my head everyday like a leech in the back of my brain, always there, always remembered. Every word I spoke and every action I took led up to this day, and even the smallest deviation could've changed everything. But there were no such deviations, and what happened happened, and nothing that happens will change that. So I'll recount the day exactly as it had gone, and exactly how it all ended."

Sunrise bled tones of cyan light over the rich sierra, casting light that fought the darkness of the night as day broke over the peaceful Earth. Amongst the vegetation being lit up, so were the innumerable buildings that were etched into the mountain's sides, their bodies curved to fit the angle at which they were built into.

They had red metallic bodies that were brightened by the rising supersun and pacing through the skyscraper were rivers of pods roaming the mountain city. The buildings had differing heights due to the differing altitudes at which they base resided in, leading to dips and rises of the traffic down and up the mountain range. With there being so many ranges close to each other, the city was impressively large, and also received great traffic as its odd geological placement mostly served as an attraction rather than a deterrent.

Below the traffic by the green surface of the range was a network of white hovering disks that traversed the mountains, and standing on those disks were groups of people as they were large enough to hold over ten people. All of the disks had holographic blue railings, which prevented the young children from being able to fall off.

There wasn't as much tampering with the surface as there were no roads or sidewalks, rather the only built constructs were the highrises, although the trees had been shaved off to give clarity from the ground.

Among the people transported on the white disks were still crowds walking on foot, taking hikes right outside their homes as they had to walk up and down the mountains. Adults and children of varying ages roamed their home together just like they would any other day, as even early the city was bustling. Groups walked up to the red buildings, which had entries on the ground that let them get inside, although there were no parking lots on the ground.

One of the families walking was a mother and father bordering their young teenager boy, all going on a morning walk up the mountain as they would any other day. While making their way up the sierra, the boy raised his head towards the sky, peering tightly as if something had caught his interest up in the clouds.

He maintained sight of the clouds as from nowhere, an odd pulsating hum that formed a siren began to grow, so loud that they nearly startled the boy. He stopped walking when the siren kept getting louder, to which both parents also stopped.

The father asked, "What's wrong Adrian?", but he got no verbal response. After taking notice of his son's gaze, he too looked up, and so did the mother as a massive shadow was cast over them, shrouding them in darkness.

Flaps became louder, so much that they shook the earth, and the titanic circular shadow eclipsed the city, depriving it of the sunrise's greeting light. The traffic soon slowed down in response too, as the shadow gradually enlarged over the sierra.

Still with a petrified expression, the son stared up at the sky, and past the red skyscrapers surrounding him he stared at an entity up in the clouds, a colossal spherical object that gradually descended down, and as it drew closer, the people on the ground began shouting and running away in terror.

Disks raced away as the mother began shaking the boy, shouting at him but to no avail, for the son stood still with wide eyes. He was then picked up by the desperate father, who began running down the mountain, shouting as did the mother while the son stayed silent.