3:9:3

Dark gray skies poured heavy rainfall down on the silver skyscrapers, for even the light they emitted from their smooth, curved exteriors shined not as brightly surrounded by the obstructions of the dense streams, resulting in a whitish enshrouding fog almost hauntingly looming over the world. For not as far as the eye could see was there a glimmer of blue or sunlight, rather the whole city was toned in gray, the metropolitical paradise drenched in a colorless coat.

Many of the buildings sported exotically shaped towers with strange curves and contortions such as a double helix tower and one that branched into three prongs like a trident. Architecturally the buildings were vastly diverse from one another, although in a way the standardized silver coating washed all of them out. By shape they were unique, but by color they all blended in together, silver spikes under the shower.

Not only was shape a distinctive feature of skyscrapers that helped them to stand out, but size too, although this attribute only distinguished few, especially from the central portions of the city full of towering colossus. One to rise above the rest in both manners however was a certain tower, the tallest of all by several magnitudes great, a titan of such extraordinary scale that it rendered the neighboring towers as little more than a house in comparison up in the clouds. Not only was the skyscraper distinguished by size but also a distinctive chunk in center as the majority of the building had a solid silver shell albeit for this one chunk composed of an array of thin pillars miraculously holding up the upper half.

Even that central pillar chunk alone however was of grand size compared to the neighboring towers, for that building just stood out amongst all the others from its conception to its many renovations, the center of the city, what was once a great beacon to not only the metropolis but all the worlds surrounding. Ironically, many would never even realize in how many ways it was a beacon before the beam was turned off.

Out through the dematerialized doors was a long wide hallway with white walls that emitted a gentle luminescence. The hallway brimmed with voices as walking up and down were adult men and women in formal wear speaking to one another, some pointing to holographic screens carried in front of them as they were in the middle of professional discussions.

However, to the adults who were tranquil in mood, either standing still for pacing slowly while collaborating casually with little haste, repetitive heavy panting coming from the other side of the hall gradually called to their attention for they suspend their conversations to turn towards the source with raised eyebrows showing concern.

Power Walking amongst the crowd was a woman in a black suit–a matching black set of dress pants and a blazer with green buttons over a white buttoned shirt and forest green tie–, who had amber hair with short bangs resting above her bright green eyes, her head bobbing up and down as she had the hasty stance of a woman cursed with tardiness and sluggishness. As she walked down the center of the hallway, the other adults made way for her in pity and concern, veering to the edges of the hallway to give space as she sped walked forward.

Grayish bags sat below the woman's eyes and her hair was slightly unkempt, as while there was a discernible attempt to groom it that attempt was not perfectly executed, resulting in hanging threads: a symptom of bedhead. She was clearly in her mid thirties and yet the fatigue aged her up, for she hardly seemed kept together. Her eyes were alert however, beads of sweat on her forehead as she rushed through the hallway, adults muttering under their breath as they moved aside for her, astounded by the haste.

Her low black heels didn't make it very easy for her to speed through either, but she managed the best she could, panting heavily while cursing under her breath.

Turning a corner, the woman diverged into another hallway which was noticeably less crowded, allowing her more range in speed despite the slimmer width, which she took advantage of with hastier strides.