4:8:1

Beneath the dark veil over the night sky showered rain, the rain which bounced off the tops and ran down the sides of the towers whose silver walls exhibited gentle white light. Many of the towers were not made with simple geometry either, rather many had creatively curved shapes with some afar tall in a thin base but sprouting more around the top like a flower, though in the distant there was one notable tower that stood tallest amongst all, one which had the most simple shape of a solid rectangle.

Though that tower could be seen from great distances when at high altitudes, the density of the buildings populating the metropolis disallowed such sight from a more reasonable height, for lower down there was a field of white rods many of which were not only lit with simple white tones but rather had large screens along their side which were colored vibrantly. One such screen was rectangular in shape and had an image of a young woman with flowing blonde hair and bright red lips, hovering one hand over her right ear which was shown to have a small white earbud inside it, white like the background of the image as it had an overall clean aesthetic. Above the woman was the bold black text: 'Every world with you at once' with a logo of what had the shape of the letter C but with a wireframe aesthetic similar to an internet logo.

Lower down the rain was overwhelmed by roars and hums of racing vehicles that zoomed from to and fro in the air, exhibiting blue lights off their bodies such that the traffic had the appearance of a river which branched off into different blocks composed of groupings of the silver towers. There wasn't only that surface though, but depth as well for there were several layers of these hovering vehicles racing below, each separated by around fifteen feet and each moving in a harmonious flow.

Below all of the streams were still more visible billboards as not all were so high up, and all the way down on the ground was the street were dense traffic of people walked back and forth on different sides of the main road, though they also walked on said road for there weren't many vehicles other than the occasional which either rose up towards the traffic or descended from it to land by the road. Still, the density was overwhelmingly composed of people, many of them protected with translucent blue disks above their heads functioning as umbrellas, allowing them to still be dressed as they pleased as they remained dry though some were dressed in hoodies and jackets regardless; they all contributed to the noise of chatter over the rainfall. While the full population was already rather tight, there were defined personal clusters with families moving together signified by a pair of adults alongside their children, as well as couples of teenagers or adults who'd hold each other's hands under one larger disk.

Amongst the crowd was one man in a black hoodie, though despite the disk above him protecting his body anyways he had that hood up which partially obscured his head. His movements were noticeably irritated though as he glanced from side to side in skepticism before hurrying not in the direction of the network's flow but rather diverging normal from the rest and instead moving between two buildings, though buildings of the same block.

They were both separated but not by a great deal, having a slim alley in between and one unpopulated simply by a lack of needing to enter for most other citizens. Thus only the man in the black hoodie and samely colored pants walked down, alone by the center, his hands stuffed in his pocket as he periodically glanced back behind himself.

Inside the alley, the sound of the city was slightly subdued, the chattering of the people same as the roaring of the pods more distant due to the walls, although the rain still reached the alley and thus wasn't much quieter. The man, who upon a better look was actually not too old but instead perhaps in truth a teenager or at the most a young adult, glanced again back before scurrying onwards to about the center of the alley which lacked any visible litter or other devices, but was instead mostly open.