2:1:1

"Our story began on that day all those years ago, a time not too distant yet felt like a past life. A year not too far from now yet an entirely distinct era. A life still mine yet devoid of any resemblance to me. But it was that day where the first divergent thread sprouted."

Soothing soft calming music played with a gentle whisper, the sound representative of serenity itself reverberating gracefully. Kind breezes of wind sang with such tender resonance as though the music was to set the tone of a tranquil hike over the baseline of a water stream, the drizzle of droplets lulling natives that reside amongst the vast ocean of the worlds' populus.

Through the ear the music played, made exclusively of natural sounds and mixed creatively to construct a musical composition like other orchestral pieces. Courtesy of the vast network of cultures across a hundred worlds, the song played isolated in the head of a boy who appeared the age of an older teenager such as a fresh college student, about the height of 5'4.

Dawning a hoodie with the hood over his head, his head was low to stare at the surface he was gliding over. His hands were pocketed in the hoodie as he was deep in his own thoughts, tuning out the world around him and fixating on the one within himself.

Bright cyan sunlight shone on his body from above in the blue skies, and on his sides were smooth silver buildings, unfocused as was his mind. His movements were perfectly smooth as though he wasn't making steps but rather drifting linearly, drifting into space as he ignored the world around him. His eyes were hardly open as though he could fall asleep at any given second, burdened by the stresses of his own responsibilities and tasks for the day.

At once the bright sunlight is cut from the kid, as instead a cloud of darkness loomed over the boy, flowing over him as it didn't cover the silver buildings which continued to glisten, as though the cloud specifically targeted the boy.

Even by neglecting the majority of his surroundings, the obscurity of the black road darkening alerted the boy, whose eyes widened in response. He then began lifting his head, further perplexed by the spot of darkness over him, and gradually refocusing on his environment. His eyes are drawn right above himself to seek the source of the darkness, to which his expression fell from one of curiosity to one of dread. The natural music was abruptly paused as was his recharge session, being submerged back into the world.

Right above the boy, a massive silver sole of a foot loomed right above him, blocking out the supersun as it was raised multiple stories in the sky. All around the boy, a flood of civilian screaming resonated through the city streets, as in the distance masses of people ran away from the straight road through intersections.

Right below the boy's feet was a board shaped like a skateboard with smooth edges and a sleek, minimalistic design that mimicked a wooden material. The board didn't have wheels nor any support below the board itself, yet managed to hover above the ground while supporting the boy's weight and furthermore moving him forwards at a constant pace.

However, the speed that the board was carrying the boy was far slower than the speed of the moving giant foot, which coasted over him as it began its descent to step on the ground, dropping on the boy miniscule in comparison who'd be seamlessly crushed on impact.

Faster than the wind, an entity soared through the city of silver smoothly curved skyscrapers, weaving through streets high up in the air as thunderous whooshes roared off it. It raced over a blurry stream of pods congested in traffic as it curved around buildings, traveling blocks in seconds.

It reached the tail of the traffic as all the pods were moving in the direction opposite to the traveler, and once it was no longer over pods it immediately dived down with a roaring whoosh until reaching just a few feet above the hard roads.