1:12:3

Within the open battlefield inside the forest, the being in the white hoodie stands in the way of the Exhumans crushing the Tempest, who remains behind, entrapped in the red translucent cell as he's restrained from the front and back. Pink arcs surge off her white hoodie, the bottom half of which is pink with vertical lines in a pattern to resemble a cupcake wrapper. She stands in her white shoes with complementary white knee socks, standing on the dirt as the surrounding grass was incinerated by the impact.

"Please stop," she commands in a voice soft yet noticeably on the brink of violent aggression, as though barely containing the blazing fury in her eyes.

Long arcs of pink energy spark off her unmoved body, and bolts straight for the Exhumans standing in front of her. The arcs pass between the Exhumans, slithering around them, for in that instant she's ensnared them in her own trap.

All of the Exhumans freeze as their bodies stiffen, rendering them all immediately immobile like the Tempest behind her. More arcs crawl out of her body, covering the area around her as it slithers between the Watchdogs and Exhumans behind the cell and to the side, deploying her domain over the horde. All of them become paralyzed, the overwhelming energy freezing their bodies as they can't even move their eyes away.

In one instant, all of the Exhumans and Watchdogs that had ganged up by the Tempest are suddenly thrown backwards tens of feet away, tossing their bodies into each other and by the trees. They fall to the ground limp, unable to keep fighting as they were defeated without a single movement of their opponent's body. The entire area surrounding her is cleared in a second, as the Vanguard remains standing forward, arcs of energy seeping out of her body after the display of will.

Following the defeat of all the Exhumans, the red cell crushing the Tempest fades away, and the dirt covering his knees sinks back into the ground. The cloud behind him disperses as does the streams holding his shoulders, the melting Exhuman is far gone from his arm as is the skin rope choking him and the one vibrating the air. Also, all of the magnetic coils have been relinquished, completely freeing the Tempest from near defeat.

Beaten and nearly accepting loss, the Tempest falls to his knees, and proceeds to nearly fall forwards if it weren't for his arms that weakly grab onto the dirt to prop him up. He gasps for air repeatedly, his arms shaking as he struggles to regain composure.

As he hyperventilates, two beings walk past him, their shadows cast down on him, although he doesn't notice as he's still recapturing energy. The footsteps stop after passing him, as for a moment, the battlefield becomes silent while everyone attempts to recover from the blast, giving leeway for the Tempest to try healing too.

Gradually returning to an adequate state, the Tempest's breathing slows down, but he remains on the ground with his head facing the dirt.

Then a voice speaks to the Tempest, a female voice gentle and mature in almost a maternal sense, one distinct from any of the three allies who accompanied the operation. The voice softly asks, "Are you alright?"

Disoriented from the voice, the Tempest raises his head up to the source right in front of him, peering through the mask as he remains kneeling on the ground.

Through the Tempest's blurry vision leans in on a woman with long brown hair that extends down her back, and wears a forest green sleeveless dress with a wide V-neck and a tall collar.

Around her waist are long white flags acting as a long skirt that sit over her dark green stockings. Around her neck is a nearly black dark green collar with a bright green gem in the center. Her body appears to be that of a middle-aged woman although in athletic condition, with gold mint green eyes that gently radiate.