A Funeral And The Caretaker

You take a deep breath and let it out as you stand in front of a deep hole which would be Olivia's grave. Heisenberg and Jonathan shift the wooden coffin that contained Olivia's lifeless body. You shudder at the thought of her in there and shut your eyes. You decided to have Heisenberg dig a grave for her near the back entrance of the castle, an ode to where you and Diana had an intimate moment shortly after which she was brutally murdered.

'I'll keep the doors open in case she drifts back...'

You feel a single tear escape your closed eyes. When you hear the two of them lift the coffin and move towards the grave, you open your eyes. Jill and Ada stood behind you as the two men effortlessly try and lower the coffin into the hole. As they bend down, you look at her tombstone through your sheer black face veil.

Here Lies Braveheart Olivia, Knight Of The Castle.

You wet your lips and sigh as Heisenberg and Jonathan dust the mud and snow off their pants and stand by each other behind you. 

"Grace us with a few words, Y/N." Jill speaks from behind you. You tilt your head slightly to look back at her as her hand falls on your shoulder to give it a small squeeze. You look at the grave again and part your lips. You think of what you need to say but find yourself speechless.

"May she rest easy." was all you could say.

You hear the roars of Heisenberg's and Alcina's lycans and the screams of the Samca from above you. All of you look in their direction. 

"Seems like they know who their leader is." Jonathan speaks from behind you. You turn to look at him and he catches your look with a sparkle in his eyes.

"You have yourself an army." he smirks. You look down and back at Olivia's grave. You take a deep breath, let it out and walk to the back doors.

You walk through the familiar halls in silence.

'Make my acquaintance...' you hear Miranda's voice ring in your head. You look down and sigh. The woman still had a grip on you, and shaking it off has proven to be quite the challenge. You cross your hands behind your back and walk ahead. Soon you were able to identify a large silhouette standing by the corridor that connected the posterior part of the castle to the main hall. You furrow your eyebrows as you near it. 

"Chris." you see him clearly as you approach him. He looks at you and gives you a small nod.

"What are you-"

"It's easier to monitor the main door from here. I can keep myself in the shadows." he answers your question before you could finish. He looks back down at what he was assessing- the dagger Mia drove into Olivia. 

"Very peculiar." he continues to examine it "It's called The Dagger of Death's Flowers. The Dimitrescu's deem it to be sacred."

'Why hasn't Alcina mentioned this to me?'

"Yet they kept it hidden in a crypt that also abodes a body." he looks at you "Interesting, isn't it?"

You furrow your eyebrows and look at the dagger "Bela seemed fearfully taken aback when I asked her about it."

"Exactly!" he whispers. You look at him. He seemed to portray a curious and concerned expression "If it's so sacred, why wasn't it displayed? Why was it hidden away?" he looks at the dagger.

"I don't know." you decide to say. You knew you his question was rhetorical. He slowly nods and brings the blade to his nose. He takes a big whiff and lowers the dagger.

"I recognise the smell. I'm very familiar with it but I don't know what it is." he says while still examining the dagger.

"There's a smell on the blade?" you ask.