Chapter 13

Ava's P.O.V.

"Oh my Charlie look at that tub! We haven't been able to have a bath since we were kids." 'Yea, it looks great.' "Oh what is wrong now? Look at this incredible room," just then I hit a button on the wall and the floor got warmer, "are you serious? Heated floors? This is amazing Charlie." My sister doesn't respond. She just looks around, through my eyes, and I can sense her emotions are the exact opposite of mine. I am super excited to be out of that terrible pack, here we will be respected, we will hold ranked titles as this packs Luna and Gamma. Why is she not excited to have her mate and to have this pack? 'Well, do you want to use the tub you are gushing about our are you just going to continue gawking at everything?' she asks sullenly. "Charlie are you still mad about everything that happened tonight?" 'No.' "Then what is it Charlie? Please. talk to me." 'Don't you get it Ava? Those men are hell bent on saving our lives, if their pack doctor thinks he can separate us, our lives are going to change.'  "They'll change for the better Charlie. We will get to live." 'Ava we will live half lives. I will have to remember how my mate looks through memories of the next few days. I will never get to see what my future children look like.' "Charlie that isn't true. If we can experience the world through each other, I'm sure the Moon Goddess will allow that to continue once we have been mated and can link with our mates." 'But you don't know that Ava' "Well there is no use in worrying about the what if's. Our pack doctor said that there was no way to separate us, so there probably isn't much this pack doctor can do either. So nothing much has changed. So shall we take a hot bath now?" 'Sure.'

Once we finally decided to get out of the amazing tub it was almost five in the morning. "How have we not fallen asleep yet?" 'Because we slept pretty much the whole car ride here, I don't know exactly how far away this pack is, but getting off of Crescent lands and passing through the neighboring human town probably took an hour, and we know for a fact they are not our "neighboring" pack.' "Excellent points. So do we take another nap or just stay up a few hours until they come get us?" 'Wait, what about school? We didn't finish high school.' "I'm sure we can have our credits transferred and then finish school online." 'Fair. so when do we tell them?' "Tell them what? There is a lot about us that they still don't know?" 'Well I was thinking the obvious. They are going to get suspicious if you aren't able to answer them if we get into another fight and we shut off our link.' "So do we tell them before, during, or after breakfast?" I guess we will just have to wait and see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Was that a knock?' I ask Charlie. 'I think it was.' "Come in?" I call out to the door. When it opens, the Alpha and Beta, did we seriously never learn their names last night, come in. "You girls look comfy" the Beta says. Since Charlie and I decided to just stay up, we have been watching this funny human show called Shameless in bed for the past two hours. "We weren't tired, so we decided to watch this." I point to the screen where one of the main characters has just broken his arm riding his bike. "Huh, I've never heard of this before." the Alpha replies. "It's a human show." The Alpha and Beta both chuckle. "I'm so sorry, last night was so crazy, I don't remember learning your names." I say, in hopes that I can stop calling them by their titles. "I'm Liam." "I'm Oli, and weeeeeeee, would like to bring you lovely ladies down to breakfast." Charlie and I look at each other before saying "okay!"

Liam and Oli led us down to the kitchen, and I'm assuming by the amount of noise coming from behind the door we are about to meet their entire families. Liam pushes open the door and gestures for us to enter. When everyone turns to look at us the whole room goes silent. "We would like for you to meet our mates," Oli says breaking the silence, "this is Ava and Charlie." What their families did next is not what either of us expected. We were bum rushed, hugs were coming in from every single side and we couldn't move. "We are so happy you are here." "We are so happy to meet you." "We can't wait to learn more about you." "come, come sit." Eventually we were led to two chairs, Liam sat on the side next to me, and Oli next to Charlie. This breakfast is going to be interesting.