Chapter 16

Charlie's P.O.V.

'Charlie did you hear the doctor? We can be separated, we can live!' Wow sis, glad to know you are so happy to get away from me. Is she seriously not going to miss me? Is she that desperate for her mate that she won't even give this surgery a second thought? "Charlie, say something." 'What am I supposed to say Ava? That I am excited that I will be separated from my sister, the only person in my life that I could trust and rely on for my entire life. Yea, I am so excited for that.' I don't hold back any of my anger while delivering my little speech, I need her to know that her excitement hurts, that I don't live in rainbow and sunshine land, that I never have. 'Oh Charlie, I am so sorry. Charlie I'm not going to leave you. Our mates are in the same pack. We are going to be together forever, we are going to stand side by side with those amazing men out there and we are going to continue to make this the best pack in the country, hell maybe even the world with you at the helm.' 'Can you PLEASE stop using them in every sentence. I don't care about them right now Ava. But ever since they found us they are all you can talk about. What about us Ava? What happens when this surgery is over and you can no longer hear? What happens when I can no longer see? Do you expect them to mate us before surgery to see if your rainbows and butterfly land idea of seeing the world through them works? Do you expect them to learn sign language that fast? Can you please for once, see reality!' I get nothing through the mind link, instead it goes dead silent. I have no idea what is happening, but I'm about to find out...

"Why is she crying?" Liam goes rushing over to her side, Oli right behind. "She's crying?" I ask out loud. Normally I can feel when she is crying, or hear her, but she purposely didn't want me too. "Are you serious? Is your link off again? Did you make her cry? Turn it back on." Liam starts bombarding me with questions and demands. Is he serious? "First of all, what caused her to cry is none of your business, you don't even know if she is your mate yet, so how dare you defend her if I was to become your mate. And second of all, I can't turn the link on when she's the one who shut it off!" Oli looks at me like I have lost my mind, and Liam looks pissed. "You are lucky that you are either my or Oli's mate because I would have personally separated you two myself if you were anyone else for talking to me that way. I am your Alpha, and that is your sister, and you will respect us both while living in MY pack, DO YOU UNDERSTAND!" He used his full Alpha power to deliver that message, and I, submitted. Damn it, I think that means Ava is his mate, and I may be in a world of hurt after this operation. I hear Ava sniffle, and then, "Ava, look at me princess." Oh God, she is definitely his mate, and I think he knows it based on my response to his Alpha tone. Shit.