Chapter 57

Raven's P.O.V.

'You okay in there Ava?' 'Yea. Have fun, I'll be enjoying the sounds' she responds with a chuckle. 'Mate.' Ethan says. 'Yes, yes, I am your mate. We knew that. But what we don't know is if you can keep up with your mate.' I say with a mischievous grin before taking off into the woods. I feel the earth beneath my paws, and can hear Ava laughing at the fact we just dooped that big goof. I hear many paws running all around us, the rest of the party has joined in my run. I laugh as I stay far ahead of everyone. Then I sense it. Something coming my way, and I know it must be Ethan. Right when he goes to pounce on me, I dodge out of the way and end up in top of him instead. 'I win. You lose.' I laugh at him. 'Not funny.' he says before licking my face. 'Liam is getting a kick out of someone putting Ethan in his place.' Ava tells me. Good, just because Ethan is a big bad alpha wolf don't mean shit. Nobody controls me. I get off him and shake out my fur. 'Round two?' And when he goes to get up, I take that as my answer, and take off before his paws are flat on the ground. 'Cheater!' he calls out. I just laugh as I run, and run, and run.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zena's P.O.V.

'You comfy back there Charlie?' 'I'm good, gonna enjoy seeing the forest'. I turn to look at my mate, whose name we never learned. 'Hello mate.' I all but purr 'Don't make sounds like that, or we'll skip this run and go to the pack house alone' he warns. 'I'm down for what you're offering, but after I run.' I reply 'Is that so?' he teases back. Nuzzling his body against mine. The rest of the pack has taken off, with my sister leading the run. Of course she is. I nuzzle back into my mate, loving the feel of him. 'What's your name hot stuff?' I question 'Allow me to introduce myself. Name's Giovanni, but I go by Gio' he replies, bow and all. I chuckle at the theatrics, 'nice to meet you Gio, shall we join the run now?' 'After you my lady.' I take off running in the direction of the rest of the pack, Gio never leaving my side, running as my equal. I'm gonna love having him as my mate.

------------------------------------------------

Ethan's P.O.V.

'Cheater!' I yell out at my mate. This is the second time she has gotten a head start. I already lost to her once, I'm not gonna let that happen again, but my lovely mate shows no signs of stopping, or slowing down. So I pick up the pace, and before I know it , were nose to nose. 'It's about time you caught up slow poke' she teases. Is this one serious? Goddess help me with a mate like this. Ava is playful, but Raven is full on competitive, and I never liked second place. 'Who you calling a slow poke? You're the one about to lose.' I say, and with that, I give it all I have and pull ahead of her. But my lead doesn't last long.

---------------------------------------------------------

Gio's P.O.V.

Zena and I run at a pretty slow pace. Everyone else in the pack is miles ahead of us, but she is content on practically trotting along. She glances at me, and smiles, then goes back to looking at the forest. Eventually, my curiosity gets the better of me, 'why are we running so slow?' She full on stops, and turns to look at me. 'I have no need to be the fastest runner. However, being the most observant, now that could come in handy. Plus, Charlie can't see the world through her eyes, so I'm letting her enjoy it through mine.' Oh! That makes so much sense, this wolf is so sweet, and I'm going to enjoy every second of her being my mate.