Chapter 36

Liam's P.O.V.

"Yo, what the hell was all that?" Seth asks me. I'm standing in the doorway to the rec room, I brought Ava to my office and said I would be right back. "I don't know, they have been fighting on and off since we met them." I inform all of our siblings. "Seriously? They are twins and they can't stand each other?" Owen says pushing off of the couch and coming to stand next to Seth. "I don't know, maybe? Maybe they aren't used to being separated still." "What does them being separated have to do with them fighting?" Asia says "Let's use Axel and Alex for example," I say gesturing towards the twins, "They fight all the time right? But they can storm off away from each other and cool down. Now imagine if they couldn't do that. Don't you think that after eighteen years they'd throw punches?" "Now that you put it like that, yea, it makes sense. This could be all the anger built up over the years coming out" Lonnie says from the arm rest of the couch. "Well let's pray that they get over it fast. They have their first shift in two months, a birthday party, and a Luna ceremony for Ava." Shawn reminds us all. Goddess help us all.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ava's P.O.V.

Liam brought me to his office after my fight with my sister. Charlie has never been this harsh with me before. Why is she suddenly being so mean? She knows how long I have waited for a mate, and now that I have one, now that we both have one, she's not even happy for herself let alone me. She said I was out to make her the bad guy and that is not true at all. I just want her to be happy and realize that she was given a blessing, we both were. Our mates saved our lives and she doesn't even seem happy about it, and she has to try and knock me down because of it? Why? "Hey." Liam says as he walks back into his office. "Hey" I say back. He came and sat next to me, "I have to ask, why did you attack your sister? Ava, literally couldn't see you coming. She had no way to defend herself. That's not how our pack members behave" Liam is scolding me right now? "So two pack members have never fought before? Your siblings haven't fought before?" I ask defensively. "Ava there is a difference between siblings fighting and attacking someone who LITERALLY can't see it coming my love. I know you love your sister, so somewhere in your heart you know that what you did was wrong. You know that Charlie had no way to defend herself, and yet you still went after her. I know you are my mate, but there have to be consequences for your actions today, just like I would give anyone else." "Seriously?" "Ava enough!" Liam uses his Alpha tone with me, and if I wasn't his mate I would've flinched. "Seeing as I am your mate, I cannot distribute your consequence. That falls to my Beta." "Oli, Oli is going to give me my punishment?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oli's P.O.V.

"Hey Charlie?" I say looking up from my desk. She takes her headphones out and smiles, "Yea Oli?" "So, I wanted you to know that Ava's actions earlier go against a code we have here in this pack. She attacked you, someone who literally couldn't see it coming, and that has consequences. Normally they would be given by the Alpha, but since Ava is his mate, the responsibility falls on me" Her lips turn up into a wicked smile when I tell her this. "Is that so?" she says from her seat on my couch. "Yup, so any ideas about what I could give her as punishment?" I say, getting up from my desk and walking over to the couch. I pick Charlie up and place her in my lap, twirling a piece of her hair around my pointer finger. "She hates manual labor. Anything around here like that?" She says looking up at me. "Well we do grow a lot of our own fruits and vegetables on our land. Is that physical enough?" I say trying to think of something that Liam won't kill me for. "I got it!" Charlie say sitting up in my lap, "Whenever we would get in trouble at the orphanage it was maid duty for a certain period of time. Ava hates cleaning. Make her work as a maid for a week or two." She smiles as she settles back into my lap. I laugh as I picture her sister wearing our maid outfit and cleaning this place. "How about this. Instead of a week, I give the whole pack house maids two paid days off and she has to do their job for two whole days?" I say rubbing my nose against hers. "Perfect, She says before giving me a small kiss, "I wish I could see the look on her face when you give her this."