Chapter 62

1 month later.

Ava's P.O.V.

Asia says something to me as she is helping me with my dress. Today was my Luna ceremony. Today I take my rightful place as Liam's mate and Luna of this pack. This is what my birth has lead me too. Asia has spent all day helping me get ready, while Charlie stayed nearby. I try not to cry as I realize, my sister won't be sharing this day with me. We have done everything together, mostly because we didn't have a choice. But this is the first step at us become our own people. 'Oh, stop it. You were born for this. Parties are totally not my thing.' Charlie says through the link. Had I been saying all this through the link? 'Yes, you have. You tend to lose track of it when you get emotional.' Next thing I know, I am being turned around, and Charlie is right there. {I don't need my own eyes, or yours to know how gorgeous you look. But having the link open and getting a glimpse is pretty great. And it lets me know I'm right. Just like Asia said, you look stunning.} Then I look up and see my reflection in the mirror....

} Then I look up and see my reflection in the mirror

They were right, I looked amazing

They were right, I looked amazing. I hope Liam will think so. {Are you kidding me? Liam is going to have to fight every instinct he has to not rip this dress off you} Charlie signs at me, causing me to blush. Just then Asia says something and she looks a bit annoyed. I turn to Charlie, {She's mad that I'm not speaking what I sign, she's left out.} she chuckles. I turn to Asia, "Thank you for everything. I look amazing." {You're welcome} she signs, before leaving the room. {She says I have to bring you down in five minutes.} "Okay" I reply with an exhale. {Relax, this is going to be a piece of cake} "I don't think I'm going to be a good Luna" I admit to my sister. She rolls her eyes, {And why do you think that? You have five minutes to spill.} "I was never the leader. You were. If anyone should be Luna, it should be you. What if the Moon Goddess made a mistake?" {Are you fucking kidding me? She made no mistake. Do you know what else a Luna does? She takes care of her pack, something you have had no problem doing your entire life. You practically begged to take over the orphanage if we made it through our shift. That's what a Luna does. Do you know what else a Luna does? She keeps her Alpha calm, she is his equal. And from what I have learned about Liam, you do just that. Liam used to be so different before he met you. Now he's calmed the fuck down, and guess what, he treats you like his equal. Always taking your opinion into consideration. And the last job of a Luna, is to put her Alpha in his place if he gets out of line, and I have no doubt, that you can do that. Look at what happened a month ago. I was meant to be with Oli because sometimes he doesn't take things as serious as he should, and you were meant to be with Liam so that he doesn't. You were meant to be his Luna. You can do this.} Tears brim in my eyes and I'm so glad that Charlie can't see them. I love my sister, she always knew exactly what to say, and I am so glad that she will always be by my side. {Now, if you are done, it's time to go.} she says as she takes my hand, as we head for the stairs.