The Slightest Hope | Chapter 1

"Speaking" 'Thinking'

Midoriya Izuku, a boy living in a world of powerful quirks. 

When Izuku was four years old, he was told that he would never develop a quirk, and that he should give up on his dreams of becoming anything great in the world. His mother was by his side when he was told this. She held a look of disdain as she realized that she'd given birth to a quirkless child.

From that day on, his life became a living hell. His mother no longer looked at him the same, his friends all avoided him like the plague... Even his once best friend betrayed him and now called him harsh words to degrade him...

Izuku lived everyday in a world that hated his entire existence. He cut lines in his skin and even scarred his body in hopes of feeling something other then hate toward himself... Everything felt numb to him as he went on living...

Izuku..., was hating everything..., he hated life, he hated the world..., and he hated himself..., for no other reason, then being born with something he couldn't help. Midoriya Izuku..., grew up without a spec of happiness. 

But then..., he discovered heroes..., a hero to be specific... A man dressed in ravenous colors that went through the night fighting without his abilities to help him. A man that he could look up to..., a man that..., he could hope would be different from the rest. That wouldn't hate him for something he couldn't help..., that wouldn't give him harsh looks for..., not being able to live like everyone else...

He just hoped..., that maybe..., he would be different.

But..., It was already too late for him..., he was already too deep in thoughts of revenge.