A Meeting With Nezu | Chapter 89

"Speaking" 'Thinking' ~Pico~

Ameonna parked the car and got out to open Izuku's door. He held Pico in his arms as he waited for the other two to get out. Grey and Harumi looked around and smiled as they noticed a familiar face exit through the front door. Aizawa looked at them in confusion before he stiffened at the cold gaze of his boss.

He was always so different when he was out in public, honestly it was scary that he could change so much. Just the other night they talked calmly and he even seemed respectful, but now it was different, he held himself high and barely even looked his way. He was a boss after all, it'd be strange if he didn't look the part.

Aizawa looked towards the two others he clearly recognized, they stood at each side of him and Ameonna stood behind them with sharp eyes. She didn't seem to like him much, even though they'd had a peaceful conversation the other night...  Aizawa cleared his throat and led them inside the building. He wasn't sure why they were here, but Nezu specifically told him to come and bring them to his office. He couldn't help but worry that Nezu's already discovered his secret.

He huffed as he walked further towards the satanic rat's office. Everything about this situation screamed that he'd been discovered. Grey walked calmly and didn't even bother to act respectful. It was surprising that he worked so closely to a boss like Izuku, the boy always seemed strict towards others. There was another thing that caught his eye though, the little girl in his arms. He knew her name was Pico and that she was the product of his quirk, he didn't quite understand how that was possible though. 

He's never heard of a quirk creating life, not even with animals, plants were another thing though, maybe she was a type of plant? He shook his head at the stupid thought. It just didn't make sense that she was human though. Pico looked at him curiously as she noticed his eyes were on her. He quickly looked away and she smiled. Her hands grabbed onto Izuku's shirt a little tighter as she noticed they were getting closer. She wasn't really scared, more so excited to meet him.

Aizawa stopped in front of the door and knocked. Nezu told them to come inside and he opened the door for the group. "You two wait outside, Ameonna you come along." Izuku spoke. The two pouted as Izuku and Ameonna walked into the office and left them behind. Izuku glanced toward Aizawa for a moment and finally walked into the office, Ameonna closed the door behind them, leaving Aizawa outside of the room as well.

"Well if it isn't Midoriya Izuku, I've been waiting to meet you for quite some time now." Nezu spoke. His words placed a smile on Pico's face.

"Ah, if it isn't Pico as well. I've heard that you stopped learning under Recovery Girl." Nezu spoke. Pico nodded her head.

~Shuzenji-san kept asking bad questions about papa, so papa didn't feel it was a good idea to keep learning here.~ Pico told him with a smile. Nezu looked at him in confusion and a small look of understanding fell over him.

"I see, I didn't realize that she was the type to do something like that." Nezu told her. Pico nodded sadly. Izuku huffed and took a seat in front of Nezu's desk.

"Her and I have gone back quite some time, I myself was surprised." Izuku told him. Nezu nodded.

"Well, I'm sure she didn't mean anything by it, if the two of you have known each other for a while, I'm sure that she was just curious about you." Nezu told him. Izuku went quiet for a moment and nodded his head. He understood that, but her asking constant questions were causing them problems, he wasn't interested in keeping someone like that around.

"Anyway, what was it that brings you here personally, Midoriya-san?" Nezu asked him. His beady eyes no longer concentrating on Pico and sitting solely on him.

Izuku sighed and a fairly friendly smile formed on his face. "To be honest, I believe that you may know too much about me already." Izuku told the man. Nezu mirrored Izuku's smile.

"What makes you think that?" Nezu asked him. Izuku leaned forward slightly in his seat. Pico hummed and smiled as the two stared each other down.

"The fact that you've been keeping an eye on our facilities." Izuku answered him. Nezu's composure broke for a split second before returning to normal.

"And why on earth would you think that?" Nezu asked him.

"Constant patrols of highly ranked heroes around each of our locations." Izuku answered him simply. Nezu frowned at his words and his smile disappeared.

"So you've known for a while now. What if it had been the hero commission instead of me?" Nezu asked. Izuku smiled at his words.

"If it were, I'd of seen Hawks around by now. Of course, there's also the fact that they tend to send the suits rather than heroes." Izuku told him. Nezu's frown once again appeared at his answer.

"They've looked into you before?" Nezu asked him. Izuku smiled and shook his head.

"I just know a few people that they have." Izuku told him. Nezu shook his head in doubt.

"So you know that I'm looking into you, are you here to warn me of something?" Nezu asked him. He knew the whole villain thing, and with that, he isn't pleased that one of theirs, has infiltrated his school.

Izuku sighed and leaned back in his chair. "I know what you're thinking Nezu, I can assure you that Izumi has nothing to do with the family business. In fact, she doesn't even know the name of it." Izuku told him. Nezu looked at him in doubt. He has noticed that she seems a little too..., childish, to be working along side someone like Izuku.

Pico frowned at the look in his eyes. ~Papa, how come Nezu-san seems so relieved at hearing about obasan?~ Pico asked him. Izuku shook his head at her words. He isn't so much relieved, he's probably just pleased to hear that she wasn't involved in all this. It also means that he doesn't have to worry about coming up with a way to expel her.

"So you already know a few things about my business. What else do you know exactly?" Izuku asked the rat-like man. Nezu's beady eyes once again focused on him.

"To be fair, I don't actually know much. I do know however, that you aren't interested in getting in the way of heroes. I've been told that you go out of your way to avoid getting in trouble with heroes. Not only that, one of yours even saved the life of one of the higher rankings." Nezu told him. Izuku nodded, of course he already knew of that.

"In truth, we're not interested in heroes at all, that's also the reason I'm allowing my sister to come to this school in the first place..., unfortunately though, you've misunderstood that situation from before. Those people that had attacked were a part of our organization..., they just aren't a fan of me and my people specifically..." Izuku told him. He frowned at the memory, he still doesn't know much about that other group, only that Shioru's been sending them out constantly to gather more people. He huffed as he remembered getting attacked by that group. He knew a few of them of course, Tiger hates Grey's guts for some reason, Wolf doesn't bother to stop his group from doing crazy things and apparently snake knew grey personally?

Nezu looked at his expressions as he talked about that other group. "I'm guessing they don't like the fact that you'll become the next leader of the family business?" Nezu asked him. Izuku nodded and pinched at the bridge of his nose.

"As I'm sure you're already aware, I wasn't always in this business either, I was adopted into the family unofficially, and with that, there are still plenty of people who don't like me or the fact that I'm not interested in hero activity. There were bound to be issues like this to begin with, so on their part as well, I'd like to apologize for that." Izuku told him. Nezu narrowed his eyes at the boy's apology. He wasn't quite sure why he was apologizing, if anything, he should be thanking him, ever since that day Endeavor's attitude towards everything has mildly changed, he's still an asshole, but recently he's been more focused on saving people and growing stronger rather than being content and constantly focusing on his inferiorities.