1x07 (Story B) - Nervous wreck

Moiraine's thoughts were spinning, while she practically stormed back to her room. How could she convince these children that they had no choice? None of them had. The wheel was turning and it would keep turning if they like the outcome or not.

One of the Emond's Fielder was the Dragon. She was sure of that. As sure as she was that Mat wasn't the Dragon. But who was it? Egwene? Or was it Nynaeve? But the Wisdom was too old no matter how powerful she was. And Lan liked the girl. Light, for Lan's sake she really hoped that Nynaeve wasn't the Dragon. He deserved it to be happy.

'You're wrong about everything. You murder these children and call it heroism.'

Moiraine shivered unvolunteered when she remembered the words of Machin Shin. 'No! I won't kill them! This can't be their faith!'

The woman of the Blue Ajah had reached the door of the room Lady Amalisa had given her, but then she turned around suddenly. She wouldn't find the answers in there. No, she needed to talk to Min again. Maybe when she...

Before she was able to take three steps, Lan blocked her way. Confused, Moiraine tried to move past him, but her Warder simply moved with her. Always staying in front of her. Always blocking the corridor.

The Aes Sedai growled angrily, while her Warder stayed as calm as ever. His face didn't give away what he was thinking. Even his feelings through the bond were as calm as a pond, which was even more frustrating to Moiraine since her feelings were a mess at the moment. "Get out of the way, Lan!"

"Where do you wanna go?"

"I need to see Min!"

Confused, Lan furrowed his forehead. He knew the seer, though it had been mostly Moiraine, who had talked to her in the past. "You've been there, and she knows nothing. You've told me that. What could she possibly tell you now that she hasn't told you before?"

"I was too gentle with her! She knows who the Dragon is! Or at least she will know as soon as she is actually trying to...!" When Lan took a step forward, Moiraine made one backward. She knew her Warder, and his strategies to calm her down. "Get out of the way!"

"You want to force her to get your answer? Moiraine, that isn't you."

"I have no choice! If I don't do it... Stop!"

But Lan didn't listen. Slowly, he put one foot in front of the other, while Moiraine moved away from him. She tried to pass him one last time, only to be blocked by him again. 'Well, screw him! I can use another corridor!'

The woman of the Blue Ajah turned and stormed off. She knew this fortress well enough to find another way outside. She would talk to Min again!

Lan sighed heavily in disapproval then he caught up with her. His fingers closed around her elbow and when he gently pulled her back, she actually tried to punch him in the face. The Warder ducked and threw his Aes Sedai over his shoulder. "Did you really think this would've worked?"

"Put me down!" Lan chuckled on his way to her door. He had to admit that it had been a good attempt of her, but useless against him.

Back in her room, he closed the door behind him before he put her back on her feet. Then he stepped back until he was blocking the door and crossed his arms. Of course, his Aes Sedai reacted just like he had expected her to. She tried to open the door and when she couldn't do it, she tried to move him instead by pushing him out of the way.

Lan had a hard time trying not to smile at her. It was just as cute as her attempt to punch him in the face. Useless, but cute.

A frustrated scream escaped Moiraine's lips when she realized that she wasn't able to move Lan. This stubborn, insufferable man! She took a quick round through the room, but the blocked door was the only way back to the corridor. Of course, there was the balcony, but she wasn't stupid. Moiraine positioned herself in front of the bed and glared at Lan, who watched her every move with his stoic face. Although... that wasn't entirely true. There was this amusement in his eyes, which told her that he was enjoying this situation more than he should.