Pt 19

Y/n didn't call me for a few days, two weeks to be exact, which worried me, but when he did it was a face time call "I'm writing this new song and I need help with the lyrics. Can you-" I heard a child squeal then seen little arms wrap around his neck and take his cowboy hat off his head "Willow, careful." I heard a quiet sigh "you can't tell me what to do. The doctor said I need to take it slow. Not be careful." Y/n smiled "it's the same thing sweetie." Silence then "it is?!" And he chuckled "yes it is. Anyway, Luisa I need-" "is that my future mom and your girlfriend mommy doesn't like?" His face went red "uh sure baby."

"Can I sit on your lap daddy?" She talked so clearly and seemed so smart "yeah, come here." She was literally a spitting image of Y/n, just a little girl. "Oo your pretty. Prettier then my mommy." I watched Y/n hold back his laughter. "What do you need help with Y/n?" "Lyrics to a song. I got to a spot where it goes. I thought by now I'd have it figured out. How not to make the easy things so hard to do. I bet that I'd be further down this road if I could read the signs that point me to the truth." He'd never sang like that for me before and it gave me the chills "I never planned on being nothing but a cowboy but somewhere I picked up this old guitar. Girl all I can say is that I'm sorry if I get kinda careless with your heart. All the headlights, all the midnight, chasing all that empty still ain't got it right."

"How about um..." I thought a little too hard about it before it came to me "all the crazy, all the gypsy, I guess all I'm saying Is forgive me if I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm still learning to be human." He smiled at me "couldn't just say it could you?" I shook my head "no I couldn't. It didn't feel right." "How about this verse after that: so far I've been good at burning bridges, strike a match and ride right out of town, bless your heart for never trying to fix me, or quit me, or slow me down." Willow giggled "daddy?" He hummed and looked at her "do you love Luisa the way you love me or mamaw?" He didn't know how to answer it "I uh...well I um, I wouldn't say no." "So yeah you do?" I heard him sigh as a smile went across his face "yeah I do baby." She looked at the camera "you love my daddy right?" I hesitated "well I do, but-" "then you guys should get married." Y/n laughed "it's not that easy Willow."

"Why not? Mamaw told me that as long as two people love eachother they can get married and live happily ever after. I also want a little brother." She folded her arms "and mamaw said that when two people kiss they can have a baby." Y/n rubbed his forehead "we can discuss this later ok?" She pouted "but-" he gave her that dad look and she went silent "ok." "Luisa I better go. I'll see if I can talk to you later ok?" I nodded "ok. I look forward to it." Should I say it or...? "I love you." My face went red "I love you too." He hung up and I just sat there before my door flung open "you guys finally said it! You've only been together like five months now." It was Dolores and Isabella.

"Even after 5 months that's still too soon for alot of people. He could've just said it cause his daughter was there." They scoffed "you got to see his daughter and didn't invite us?" "Yeah, but how long have you guys been standing there?" They looked at eachother then to me "we just caught the last part. Dolores did hear singing though and we want to know who was singing cause it sounded like that secret singer on tiktok." I nodded "porque era él." Isabella suddenly smacked herself I the forehead "I forgot Mirabel said Y/n listens to his music. Were you guys listening to it together?" I guess you could say that yeah. "Yeah we were." They both made an awe sound "Luisa you got a keeper little sister. Marry that man." I laughed "well-" my phone started to ring again and it was Y/ns number and he was requesting another video call, so I answered it.

"Yeah?" It wasn't Y/n, but Willow "Ms. Luisa?" Isa and Dolores got closer so they could see her "yes Willow?" She huffed all big "do I have to go to bed?" I heard Y/n in the background "yes you do and give me back my phone." I smiled at her "if your dad says yes then yes you have to." She pouted "but I'm not even that tired and-" I seen a blur of moment then heard Willow squeal and giggle "I got you!" She had dropped the phone and it was pointed up where we could see Y/n was blowing raspberries on her stomach as she giggled "daddy Luisa says I can stay up later." He tossed her in the air then caught her as she giggled some more "I dont think she said that sis." She nodded "but she did and- stop it." He started to tickle her and she started to squirm and laugh until he hugged her and she hugged him back as he also picked dup his phone "if I sing to you will you go to bed?" She nodded vigorously.

"Ok. Tell Luisa and the other two good night then." She looked at the phone "goodnight Ms. Luisa. I dont know you guys, but goodnight to you too." Y/n did his genuine smile I loved "night darlin." I blushed "goodnight mi amor."