Pt 68

"Hey uh...where's Casey? I haven't seen him since everything happened." Lilah averted her gaze "Lilah is he ok?" She rubbed her neck "he's in the hospital. They don't expect him to make it through tonight and if he does he has little chance fir tomorrow. He's been barely hanging on." I chuckled "nice try Lilah." She sighed "Y/n I'm being serious. Whoever that guy was was after him too. He took alot of hits and bullets for you. You need to go see him." I shook my head "Lilah, I swear to god if your bein honest and didn't tell me sooner I'm gonna be pissed." She sniffled "im being honest Y/n. Just like I was over two months ago when me and him told you we were expecting a set of twins." I felt the lump in my throat grow as I ran out of Casita.

I can't lose my best friend.

"Casey?" He looked at me. He was on oxygen and was skin and bones. "Took you long enough fucker." I laughed "dude I had no clue until just now that you were in here." He chuckled "let me guess you had to ask?" I nodded "yeah." I sat down in the hospital chair "hey Y/n?" I hummed "I have a serious question to ask you." I nodded "what is it?" He was quiet and I watched his face go from happy and joking to it dropped and I could tell he was trying not to cry. "If I don't make it through tonight-" I sighed "Casey don't be fuckin doin or sayin that shit." He took a deep breath "just listen, please." I bit my lip and looked at the ground.

"If I don't make it through tonight, please for the love of God make sure you find someone who will love Lilah and our kids. I know I made a mistake sleeping with your sister, but she confessed her feeling to me and I didn't know what to do. I'd liked her for so long that when she told me she'd liked me for just as long I reacted like an animal I guess you could say. I love the girl with my whole heart and I want to make sure you find the perfect person for her if I do die tonight." I chuckled as a couple tears fell to the floor "I promise I will, but you'll make it." He was in tears when I looked up at him "damnit Casey. You'll be fuckin fine. Dont doubt yourself. I know your scared, but damnit I don't know what I'll do withoutcha. You torment me every God damn day. I can't live without that. Even if it irritates me most the time. You've survived a pipe through the skull because of my dumb ass. You can survive this."

"Besides...no one else is perfect for Lilah. Only you can keep her crazy ass in line." He stared to laugh "fuck it hurts when I laugh, but you've got a point. I just wish I could've seen the way she looked at me sooner." I sighed "yeah, but when you make it through all this you'll get to look at her every day like you have all these years." He grubbled/mumbled out a "yeah." I looked at my phone that was ringing and sighed "I have to go, but I'll come back tomorrow and give you some more shit ok?" He smiled at me "ok."

3 months later

I took a deep breath as I walked out on stage "how's everyone here in Kentucky doin tonight?" The cheers rang through my ears as I stopped in the center of the stage "I heard from a friend of mine that you guys have been requesting to hear the song my brother and I recorded together a few years back." The cheers got even louder "so I may have brought a few friends with me." Casey and Jona stepped out from behind the curtain "we have my best friend and brother in law, Casey Walters on the guitar."

I looked down at my phone as it started to ring and nodded at Casey that he could take over. "Whats up Kentucky! Y/n has an important call to take so I'll be your entertainer for a while. It's probably his wife calling to tease him, but you didn't hear that from me. The one I'm going to sing for you I haven't released yet, but I think y'all will like it." I walked backstage as he started to sing.

Y: what do ya need darlin? Is everything ok?
L: hey cowboy I uh...everything is ok, but I got news for Casey.
Y: ok, what's up?
L: Lilahs trying to/is go into labor early. We thought it was just the Braxton hicks contractions, but it's not. He needs to get back soon and so do you.
Y: why do I?
L: I just miss you and want to see you.
Y: your horny aren't you?
L: severely. Nothing is making it go away either. I've tried and I've made myself-
Y: *chuckles* Luisa not when I have to go back on stage. I'll call you back tonight when we get on a flight ok? We have to finish this show.
L: ok. I just miss you really bad. I just want you to cuddle me and tell me how much you love me. Willow misses you too.
Y: I'll make sure to do that when I get back ok? I love you mi vida.
L: I love you too.

I hung up then walked back out onto stage. "How about we do outlaws and outsiders for y'all?" Some of the girls in the front row started to whisper, giggle, and point at me and I knew why. Luisa was lucky she was pregnant or else she'd be in for it. "How about we play something a little different?"

I looked down into the crowd towards the end of the song only to see someone punch a girl in the face. "Hey ass clown that just punched a lady in the face, get the fuck out of my show." The guys face went white from being put on the spot "yeah I'm talkin to you mother fucker. Get out!" He stuck his head down and I watched him leave before looking back at Casey and Jona to see them prepared to jump off the stage with me. "Sorry for that y'all. I ain't normally like that. Ma'am are you alright?" She nodded and gave me a thumbs up "God damn. Your a tough woman. Did you know that guy?" She nodded "who was he?" I sat on the edge of the stage so I could hear her as she made her way closer "he's my boyfriend, or was." I took my hat off "wanna know something?" She nodded "see these stains right here?" A few other girls got closer to see what I was talking about.

"What are they?" She looked up at me "blood stains." Her eyes got huge "from what?" I smirked. "From guys who thought they could get away with shit like beatin women. They don't get away with it when I'm around. Three learned that the hard way." I put my hat back on "but you mess with my family and that's where you fucked up the worst." I stood up "one last song then we gotta end this."

I didn't even think about the song I chose as I wanted to get Casey back to Encanto as soon as I could. I wanted to hear what Lilah had to say to him while she was in labor.