Pt 13

"So Luisa I heard your dating Y/n." Half the family choked on their food "yeah I am." My papa looked at me "hes not making anymore moves on you is he?" It was a bit too late for that papa "no papa. He doesn't need to." Isa giggled "that's normally Luisas job." I shot her glare "is he good to you?" I looked at Abuela "si." She smiled "that's wonderful news." I took a bite of food and could feel everyone staring at me, so I looked around at them all, confused. "What?" They all looked away from me except for mamá "we are all just very happy for you Luisa. Y/n is also waiting for you." She motioned with her head where ever was and I turned to look to see him leaning on the doorframe with his hands in his pockets "I can wait somewhere else." Abuela stood up "no, no. You can join us." She waked over and hooked her arm with his as Casita brought a chair up to the table next to me.

"I dont want to rude, but I just got done eating at home." Abuela smiled "well you don't have to eat. You can have a drink instead." He sighed with a smile knowing he wasn't getting out of this, so he sat down next to me and removed his hat before hanging it on the back of his chair "so Y/n what are your plans with my daugAh-" I watched as papa went to lean on the table and missed it then almost hit the floor, had Y/n not grabbed him he would've fell out of his chair. "Your fast." He looked at Antonio as Abuela sat a cup of coffee infront of him "thanks." He then made sure papa was ok "you've got quite the grip young man. I think you bruised me." Y/n chuckled nervously "sorry about that. I dont know my own strength sometimes." Camilo suddenly got an idea "I have one of those things you can squeeze and it'll test how strong your grip is." Y/n raised his eyebrows "I guess I can squeeze it, but-" Camilo disappeared and reappeared so fast Y/n couldn't even finish his sentence.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't invested, but I was. He gave a quick squeeze to test it and the number actully went pretty high "ok hold it up where we can see it." Everyone leaned in as he sat it up on the table and squoze until his arm shook "150? That can't be right." We all looked at him in disbelief as he doubted himself "I'll just try again." He did it again and it read 160 this time "is this thing even correct?" Camilo nodded "yeah it is." Y/n sighed then did it one more time getting 155.6 "imagine getting grabbed hard by you." Before I could process what I was saying I blurted out "it sucks. Trust me." Making Y/n turn and look at me "I've never grabbed you that hard have I?" I nodded "that other night when we were watching a movie you did."

"Theres no way." I nodded as we now walked out the door "you did cause I was messing with you..." I started to blush "and kept giving you a hard time about your accent and how you didn't have the strength to go with it or your attitude and you grabbed me by me hips just joking around and when you lifted me up you bruised me." I watched as it came back to him "oh yeah cause that was the night you were in a really teasy mood over everything and after I sat you on my lap my parents walked through the door and you moved so quickly you kneed me in the nuts." I still felt bad for that "speaking of parents. Mine want to meet your while they are here and no creo que sea una buena idea." He shook his head "I don't think thats a good idea either, but my parents want to meet yours too and if I tell mine no, I don't know what'll happen."

Long story short our parents are having a dinner together and we have to be there. "I'm so excited to meet your parents Luisa. I heard your mother is a cook?" I nodded "yeah she is. A very good one." Y/ns mother was so sweet. I wonder what made her change her ways? I decided to text Y/n and see how he was hanging in there with my mamá and papa.

L: hey do you ok?
Y: haha what?
L: are you doing ok with my parents?
Y: yeah I am. Why do you ask? My parents aren't being weird are they?
L: 😅 no they aren't, but it does concern me how much they want to know about us.
Y: us?
L: yeah! Like they are asking about everything. Literally everything.
Y: oh yeah forgot to tell you they do that. Sorry.
L: you made me chuckle. Anyways see you tonight at dinner. Your house right?
Y: yep my house. I also have plans for after dinner, so make sure to stick around 😉

I felt my face heat up and I mentally cussed at him before replying to him and telling his mom I was ok.

L: darn you. Don't send me stuff like that. At least not when I'm around people.
Y: why? I didn't say anything bad did I? Get your mind out of the gutter 😂
L: well worth dit offering next time.
Y: ok I will. Now keep my parents entertained so.I can entertain you later. 😉
L: fuck you
Y: I mean if you wanna...
Y: I'm just kidding, unless...

I groaned and turned my phone off "Y/n giving you a hard time?" I nodded "yeah just a little bit." His dad chuckled "just wait until your at a family gathering or something and he starts to tease you. He gets it from his damn mother." His mom giggled shyly "I mean I don't mind it one bit, but I definitely don't like it when I'm around people." Why was I telling them this?

Come time for dinner we all met at Y/ns place and Y/ns dad definitely gave mine a very judgmental look. "So Agustin what do you do?" I heard Y/n sigh "dad, not everyone has t-" his dad gave him a nasty glare and he fell silent "I usually help out around Encanto the best I can. Sometimes I mess things up rather then help, but no one seems to mind. What do you do?" His dad straightened his back "I work for the oil company. I run everything up where I work including working on engines the size of houses." He seemed very proud of that. "Y/n helped me for a while until he decided he wanted to be some big shot bull rider who stripped for women at night." I caught Y/n out of my pereferal vision look down and just start to push the food around on his plate.

"So Julieta are you the town cook?" I was so glad his mom changed the subject "yes. I'm also the towns healer. I've healed Y/n quite a few times. He's a very sweet and honest young man." I looked at Y/n who was death glaring his father and it was intimidating "I wouldn't call him sweet. Just raised properly unlike most kids anymore." His mother elbowed his father "honey tone it down." I heard Y/n sigh then get up "I'll be right back. Please excuse me." His father gave him a disapproving look "you can sit down and eat just like the rest of us." Oh no. I could already see where this was going. "I just need to take a breather." His dad scoffed "no son of mine ever needs to take a breather." I looked over at my my mamá and papa and they looked concerned for Y/n "honey knock it off. Just let him do his own thing." Y/n shook his head then sat back down "its fine mom. Don't worry about it."

"We should probably be going. It seems that you guys have some things to deal with. Luisa are you coming?" I shook my head "I'll stay here for a while longer." They nodded before leaving "whats your problem huh?" Y/n clenched his jaw but stayed silent "you better answer me." Y/n sighed "look dad I just don't like it when you bring up the past. I understand you don't like what I did, but it was quick and easy money plus you guys didn't want to help me when I really needed it and that's the only reason why I turned to what I did. Not to mention you guys wouldn't let me put any applications in anywhere even though I was living paycheck to paycheck and barely surviving." His dad scoffed and rolled his eyes "because you needed to learn what surviving on your own was and-" "so I had to, but all the other kids didn't? You guys always gave everyone else money no questions asked, but if I needed even a measly five dollars you wouldn't lend me any."

"Because you wouldn't pay us ba-" "bullshit I wouldn't. Every penny from when you guys had to bail me out of jail I paid back and the one time you guys did did lend me a hundred dollars I paid it back within a week. If anyone never pays you back it's fuckin Landon and Jonas. They ain't even your God damn sons but you treat them more like sons then you do me. This is exactly why I didn't want you guys to have dinner with her parents. I knew you'd bring this up like you always do just to get a reaction out of me." His dad stood up "dont you ever talk to me like that again or I swear to god I'll back hand you so hard you won't wake up for a week." Y/n narrowed his eyes at his father "it wouldn't be the first time you did it. This time you'd just have a pathetic reason to do it." They kept eye contact until his father screamed stomped off like a child and his mother went after him.