Pt 41

I watched Y/n suddenly go pale and gave him a concerned look. He had moments where he was calmer and gentler like this, so I didn't think much of it, but something told me deep down there was something wrong. "Y/n?" He just stared at me blankly before his eyes rolled back into his head and he fell forward.

When I caught him his whole body was limp and would've been just dead weight to anyone else. He most likely would've taken someone down with him if they tried catching him like Casey and Jona did.

I looked at my mamá for help and she gave me a helpless look. "Luisa get him to the hospital. I can't help him." Hearing those words shattered my heart, but I knew I couldn't waste time in getting him where he needed to be.

I ran to the hospital, trying to hold it together, but knew I wasn't doing great at it. "What happened?" They just got off the phone with Abuela. "I-I dont know. He-he passed out on me a-and a-and..." my mind was drawing a blank. Nothing seemed to be processing like I needed it to. "Slow down and breathe honey." Some nurses brought over a hospital bed and allowed me to lay him in it "come sit and talk with me." I followed her to the waiting room and explained everything.

"You said he's been drowsy all day even after he slept for an hour or two, and just seemed to not be right after having sex, still seemed drowsy?" I nodded and I watched a type of sorrow/pity go through her eyes before she got up "a doctor will be right out to speak with you." I nodded and about ten minutes later one showed up. Just in time for mi familia to show up as well as his. "We'll need to get him into surgery. I suspect a brain bleed. Is there any way of knowing if brain tumors are common in his family?" I nodded "si, they are common. On his mother's side." He nodded "if he does have a brain bleed like I suspect that will be the cause of it. We are going to-" I blanked out. Why now? Why did this need to even happen at all? What triggered it?

When I came back around I realized I was pacing and everyone was either staring at me worried or seemed to be worried about Y/n and doing their best to keep it together. The doctor returned after a while and didn't have good news.

"He does have a brain tumor, but he had a stroke some time in the day as well, thats what we are suspecting anyway, and that's what triggered it. We could try to remove the tumor ontop of what else we need to do, but the survival rate isn't very high. If we do go that rout, given the ok from Luisa and his mother, and he does survive there isn't a very high chance that he will recover properly. He could be disabled for the rest of his life due to the stroke and he could show signs that he had one. Its unusual in someone his age to have had one , but its also unusual for someone his age to have a brain bleed as well. We are getting ready to start the procedure, but I will give you guys time to decide on the decision. My head nurse will be out to get the answer in about twenty minutes." He walked away and I felt like punching something out of frustration.

"Luisa?" I was balling my fists and my whole body was tense, but when his mother placed one hand on my back and the other on my arm I seemed to relax slightly. "I-I dont know what to do." I felt the tears well up as I looked at her "its ok. Come outside with me to discuss this." She took me by the hand and lead me outside "Luisa I want you to make the decision. Not me, ok? You seem to know my little boy better then I do. You seem to have a better judgment as well. Normally as his mother I wouldn't listen to what a fiance or wife or girlfriend has to say or want when it came to a decision, but I want you to make it." I looked her in the eyes "b-but I can't even think straight to-to talk. How am I supposed to-" she patted the top of my hand.

"You can do it Luisa. If it was up to me I wouldn't want it removed and that's more dangerous then removing it. Just because it would kill him faster. I would choose that decision as his mother as to not watch him struggle for much longer, but I want to watch him start a family with you. More then just Willow. I want him to have a life with you here in Encanto. He deserves it. He deserves you. That's why your the first emergency contact. Not me. He trusts you and your judgment more then me, so im trusting him on his, that you'll make the right one." I swallowed hard. "And damnit sweetie, just cry. He told me your the sweetest girl on planet earth and have the most tender heart and that he hates to see you cry, but would much rather see you cry then fight your own emotions because your the strong one. He knows better, so just cry damnit." I giggled as the tears started to fall and she hugged me. I had to slouch to hug her and cry on her shoulder, but it was worth it.

"Have we came to a conclusion?" I bit my lip and nodded, trying not to cry again. "Remove the tumor." She gave me a questioning look "are you sure it's only a-" "Remove. The. Tumor. I know the chances of his survival are slim to none, but as long as he has something to live for I'm not choosing something thats going to kill him slowly just because it's easier for you." She nodded "yes señora. I'll let the doctor know right away." I clenched my jaw "gracias." She walked off and I sighed before sitting down in a corner away from everyone signalling I wanted space, but someone had other ideas.

"Hi" I looked up from having my head in my hands then sat back in the chair "hi Willow." She squoze between my legs before climbing on my lap and took my face in her hands "you're beautiful. That's what daddy always tells me. He also tells me your the strongest person he knows. He would want you to have this." She wrapped her arms around my neck and I couldn't help, but giggle and start to cry again as I hugged her back "thank you Willow." I sniffled and wiped my tears with one hand and went to pull away, but she wouldn't let go. "You can't stop hugging me yet. I know your still sad." I chuckled and hugged her until she pulled away from me.

"Will you sing for me? Maybe that would cheer you up. It always cheers up daddy when he sings!" She stared at me, hopeful I'd say yes, but I wasnt sure I could do that. "I uh..." she gave me puppy dog eyes and I broke "ok, just one song. What one do you want me to sing?" She pointed at one "I dont know that one. I'm sorry." Lilah came and sat next to us "what one is it Willow?" She showed her "do you want me to sing it for you instead?" She nodded "pretty please with a cherry on top?" Lilah smiled at her "ok come here."

Was their whole family blessed with great voices or something? Lilah sounded just like the singer. She sang a few more songs before Willow went over to Casey and Jona and asked them the same question. She was findimg a wya to pass the time.

Only Y/ns family (mother, father, brothers, sister, Casey) stayed behind with me to find out about him and overall wait to see how the surgery went. Mostly everyone fell asleep in the waiting room, but I couldn't sleep. Neither could Casey.

"You know Luisa, well I shoukd ask first, can I tell you something?" I nodded "yeah." He sighed "You know me and Y/n used to hate eachothers guts. We grew up together and javelin been best friends since we were toddlers, but we went through this one stage where we hated one another. We wouldn't talk to eachother, we wouldn't look at eachother, if I had something to say to get into a fight with him, he'd always set me straight. This...phase went on for about two years then about two years ago his mom reached out to me. Said he wanted to move somewhere across the world. Do his own thing, but she wanted more then just Lilah to go with him. We eventually made up and it was like that phase never happened, but you want to know why he decided to move across the world?" I nodded, bur jad a feeling I wasn't going to like the answer.

"He found out through some severe headaches he had that tumor. Doctors didn't want to remove it even though they said it'd be an easy removal because they didn't have a special machine that could do it for them. Anyway, they took some samples off it and tested it. Part of it came back noncancerous and the other part was cancerous. They said if it grew any bigger it'd cause a brain bleed, but if they removed it it wouldn't grow back and he'd be fine, so that's why we moved out here. The doctors gave him three years to live and said make the most of it and he has. I figured he never told you about it yet cause he's, well...Y/n." He had mentioned something about it once, but it wasn't to me that I can recall. I think it was to mamá and Abuela "he said something about it once, but didn't go into detail. I know he spoke to me about how its normal for the people on his mother's side to get them then went to tell me something important and Osvaldo took me away with some things he wanted me to do for him around Encanto. I bet it was about that." He nodded "I bet it was too."

Silence found us once more and right when I was about to start up another conversation with Casey the doctor walked out and seemed to have a good look on his face.