Chapter 2: New People

*Amy's P.O.V*

Standing in front of Sam's mirror that was in her room, I checked over my appearance.

Today was my first day of school. Also Sam's day back to school.

She's been quiet since we woke up and started getting ready. I can tell how hard this must be for her.

I went to the bathroom really quick because I needed to do my business and just freshen up. Once I was done, I went back to Sam's room to see her standing in front of her mirror.

She was looking at the scars that were on her arm.

She put the bandage back on her arm and then put a cardigan on before turning to me. "Are you ready?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

After answering, I grabbed my backpack and she grabbed her own and we went into the kitchen.

"Are you guys ready to go back to school?" Daniel asked as he saw us.

"It's the usual first day vibes." I nodded. "Act excited in the morning and then get tired as the day goes on."

"She has a point." Sam agreed with me.

Daniel shrugged. "I get that way about work sometimes."

"You guys be safe." Amanda said as she came over and gave us both a hug.

"I have something important to do so I'll see you guys later." Daniel said and then he was out the door.

"What is dad doing?" Sam asked her mom.

"I'll tell you about it later." Amanda said.

Honestly, I don't need to worry about that right now.

Sam and I said goodbye to Amanda and even said bye to Anthony who was at the table eating breakfast.

I already had my class schedule so it was great that I didn't need to get there that early.

We both got into Sam's car and she drove to the school. It didn't take us long but we can see a bunch of kids there.

"First day of school, round two." Sam said as she got out of the car and I followed in suit.

We started to walk towards the entrance and then had to get in the line because the school added in a new security system.

The fight here must've really changed the environment.

Security checked my bag and Sam's. Then we were able to go in completely.

I looked around at the hallways and just see people chatting with each other. I occasionally had saw someone with a red mohawk who was staring right at me. He was with two other people as well. Two boys. One that had dark and curly hair, while the other boy had blonde hair.

I don't know his name. I don't know him at all.

He stared at me but then he sent me a smirk. I gave him a polite smile before continuing to walk next to my cousin.

I even noticed people were staring at her and she had an uneasy look on her face.

"Hey." I caught her attention. "Just ignore them."

"I don't know why they're staring at me." She said.

We continued to walk down the hallway and we had to get up the stairs. I watched as this happened. As soon as Sam touched the railing, she froze. She was taken back.

I was too busy looking at her to realize that someone had walked up to the both of us.

He was a guy who was wearing a green shirt and then a blue and green flannel over it. He had dark hair.