Chapter 43: It's Karate Time

*Amy's P.O.V*

It's officially the day of the All Valley tournament.

I'm in my Miyagi-Do gi as we're waiting for introductions. I'm standing next to Eli but I'm behind Demetri and Sam.

Uncle Daniel is in front.

I hear the announcer saying, "This sensei and dojo need no introduction. He took the All Valley by storm in 1984 and '85 and quickly become one of the greatest underdogs in the history of the sport. Last year, this dojo came out of nowhere and made it to the finals. They've got some new fighters, and they're ready to show the world that they're the best around. Give it up for Miyagi-Do Karate, led by two-time All Valley champion, Daniel LaRusso!"

We all walked out with the blue lights and smoke before we started going in a line.

Sam was up front, with Demetri behind her, then me and then Eli is behind me.

We took our place on the mat and stood side by side with each other.

Even when Eli and I are broken up, I can feel the tension between us as we are standing next to one another.

Mine and his hand are so close, close enough where we could hold hands if we wanted to.

But it didn't happen.

But I can feel the electricity between us and how it was making my heart skip a beat.

Cobra Kai and Eagle Fang got their introductions before it was almost time to get started.

We were doing a little warming up before Daniel said, "Miyagi-Do's, bring it in."

I stood in between Sam and Abe.

Eli was on the other side of Abe.

"Some of you have been here before, and for some of you, it's your first karate tournament." Daniel started.

I listened closely to what my uncle is saying.

He's not wrong.

Daniel continued, "I still remember my first All Valley, where I stood here proudly with my sensei and where I faced down the bullies of Cobra Kai. Now getting here hasn't been easy. There've been some bumps in the road, to put it mildly. Remember what's at stake. If Cobra Kai wins, our dojo closes for good. We're not going to let that happen, of course not. Because we have something that Cobra Kai doesn't... we have Miyagi-Do. Let's go out there and show Cobra Kai what we're made of. Are you ready?"

"Yes, sensei." We all said.

Daniel let us continue warming up and then it was just Sam and I talking.

I saw Eli talking to Demetri.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"I'm a little nervous." I admitted. "But I'm also ready. What about you? How are you feeling?"

"Same as you." She nodded.

"We'll be alright."

"I hope so." My cousin patted my shoulder.

I smiled before looking over at Eli who happened to be staring back at me.

He's still taking my breath away and nothing much has happened since we've been here.

My heart instantly starts beating as we're staring at each other.

I haven't stopped thinking about him.

He's always on my mind.

Soon enough, the skills competition started.

I watched on as Demetri started his demonstration with the kamas.