Chapter 3: Red Haired Boy

*Amy's P.O.V*

He's standing in front of me. He wants to sit next to me. But he doesn't even know me. I don't know him.

I answered him, "this seat is free."

He sent me a smile before taking a seat next to me.

The school bell then rung and then school had begun.

Since it's homeroom, it's not like we've gotten actual class work. We've basically gotten a talk from the teacher before we had free time and then waited for first period.

"You're new here, aren't you?" The guy asked me.

"Yeah." I nodded, "today's my first day."

"What made you move to the valley?"

I smiled a little before answering, "I don't know who you are. I don't think I should be telling you such information."

"Fair enough." He nodded, "Then let's start off simple. What's your name?"

"Amy Dixon."

"Nice to meet you, Amy." He gave me a smirk. "My name's Hawk."

Well, that explains the mohawk.

"Nice to meet you, Hawk."

"Earlier, I saw you with Samantha LaRusso. How do you know her?" Hawk asked with a curious look on his face.

"She's my cousin. She's only about a few months older than me." I told him.

After I said that, I saw a dissatisfied look on his face. As if, as soon as he heard that information, he felt cold. Like as if it was cold to him. And bitter.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

He straighten himself up because he was leaning back. "Nothing's wrong."

"You seem irritated. Just at the mention of Sam."

He was quiet for a little bit. It seemed like he was contemplating what he wanted to say.

"Sam and I..." Hawk started to say. "We don't typically get along. Don't see eye to eye. She hates me and I hate her."

"Why?" I eyed him.

"I'll keep it simple. We're rivals."

And after he said that, I started to piece together some things.

Before home room when I was with Demetri, he asked me if I knew karate in which I told him I did.

And he's Sam's friend. Which means he's in the same dojo as her.

Sam had told me about how Miyagi-Do was in some sort of rivalry with another dojo.

She said that the karate dojo was called Cobra Kai.

Which could only mean one thing...

"You're in Cobra Kai." I said to him and he nodded.

And maybe this also means...

"You're also the one that got kicked in the trophy case."

He tensed when he heard that. It must've surprised him that I know that piece of information.

"Who told you about that?"

"Demetri." I told him.

"I rather not be reminded of that. That moment humiliated me because a whole bunch of people saw it happen." He sighed.

"A whole bunch of shit happened that day."

Hawk stayed quiet for a few minutes after that. He kept eyeing the table that we were sitting at and I was trying to figure him out.