Chapter 77: Everlasting

*Amy's P.O.V*

Miyagi-Do is like my second home.

If I wasn't watching movies with Sam in our own room then I'll be at the dojo where I would practice my karate skills. I could practice for hours without stopping, especially if I'm entirely focused and not having any distractions. I'm thinking that's why Sam says I'm really good at kata, better than her. But I told her to not discredit herself because she's pretty good at the kata as well.

So that's what's happening right now.

Side by side, Sam and I are doing kata together while everyone else that's at the dojo is practicing some other karate moves. Sam and I's movements are so precise that we're in perfect alignment.

Deep breaths in between, our minds are strong. We flow with the wind and we dance along. It's perfect harmony.

We continued kata for a little bit longer before we stopped and we stared at each other.

"We're literally in sync." Sam said to me as she took a drink of water.

"It's because we're masters." I playfully patted her arm while I chuckled.

"We are pretty good." She chuckled before she looked to the side.

I followed her lead and we were looking at Tory punching the punching bag. We shared a look before turning our attention back to the blonde girl who we have beef with. Could I even say we still have beef? I'm not really sure because it's not like we made amends. We were just on the same page for one night.

"How are you feeling?" I looked at my cousin.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "It's weird."

"It's definitely weird."

"What did you say to her when you visited her at her home?"

I sighed. "I told her about Alec."

"And you think that was a good idea?"

"Probably not, Sam." I said, "I was just giving her some perspective. Letting her know something about me that not a lot of people know. Alec isn't a secret but it's a lot to process. Believe me, I'm still processing it even though it's been years."

"Amy.."

"It's fine, Sam." I assured her. "Don't worry."

But of course, I want my own cousin to worry because ever since I told Eli about my brother, it opened an old wound. One that I thought would've faded but it's still present. It's still scarring and I'm surprised at this point that it hasn't gotten worse. But I guess that's what happens when the past re-opens old wounds.

"Everyone, gather around." I heard my uncle say as he stepped out of the small building with Johnny and Chozen. "Eli and Demetri have something to show us."

Everyone, besides Eli and Demetri, gathered around as a group. I stood in between Sam and Anthony as we waited to see what the best friends were going to say. It's clearly something hidden because I can see a sheet.

Eli started to talk, "It's been a long road but we're finally all on the same side. And as a reward? The toughest test any of us ever had to face."

"The Sekai Taikai is the most prestigious karate tournament in modern martial arts history. For over a century, fighters from across the globe have gathered every two years to compete for the title of World's Best."

"If the All Valley is March Madness, this is the Olympics, plus the gladiator games and the kumite from Bloodsport all rolled into one."

"If we win-"