Chapter 40: White Corsage

*Amy's P.O.V*

I was having a wonderful dream about Zac Efron before I was suddenly woken up from my slumber.

To the side, stood my cousin in her pink and purple pajamas and her hair is in a side ponytail.

"Why did you wake me up?" I asked her, "I was in the middle of a good dream. Zac Efron and I were about to get married."

"There'll be other weddings." Sam laughed as she pulled the blankets back. "I woke you up because we have to get ready."

"Get ready for what?"

"For the prom, silly." She stared at me.

I gave her a look. Is she actually kidding me?

"I told you that I'm not going to prom." I said to her, seriously.

Even though I had picked out a dress before Eli and I broke up.

"Come on, you deserve to have some fun."

I probably deserve a lot of things but I certainly didn't deserve to have fun.

"Even if I were to go to prom, I don't even have a ticket-" I started to say before she pulled out a prom ticket from her pajama pocket.

A look of confusion appeared on my face.

"Where did you get that?" I asked her.

"I can't reveal my secrets."

I rolled my eyes before rolling on my back and staring at the ceiling. What does she even mean by that? How did she get that prom ticket?

"Prom will be fun." Sam said, "And plus, if you went then I'll have fun. I want you to come. Prom won't be the same without you."

"It's not like people will miss me."

"People will, Amy."

"Like who?"

"I would, obviously. Then Miguel, Moon, Demetri, even Eli-" but I looked at her as soon as she said Eli's name.

Sam continued to talk, "You deserve to have a night where you can let loose and enjoy yourself. You deserve to feel like a princess."

Princess.

That's what Eli used to call me when we were dating.

A part of me still didn't want to go to prom. I much rather stay home and eat pizza while I watch One Tree Hill.

But my cousin also made a good point.

I should have a fun night and just enjoy myself.

Since we all know it's been awhile since that happened.

"Okay, fine." I looked at my cousin. "I'll go to prom."

Sam grinned. "Okay, let's start getting ready."

——-

I finished taking a shower and I was in the middle of putting on some makeup.

I'm not a huge fan of makeup. But I knew that it was okay to get a bit glammed up for an event like the prom.

Sam would help me every now and then with picking the right color for eyeshadow and then I would touch up my mascara.

Then I would apply eyeliner.

I knew that I didn't want to add too much makeup because again, it's not my thing. So I added the right amount before I would start working on my hair.

Sam was actually going to do my hair so she started with making the braids on both sides of my hair.