Chapter 27: Fly Like An Eagle

*Amy's P.O.V*

I was with Johnny and the rest of Miyagi-Do as we were climbing stairs in a building.

Why did Johnny take us here?

"Where is he taking us?" Nate asked.

"Nowhere good." Demetri panted. "I heard he drowned a kid in a pool, trying to teach him how to kick, and that was before he sicced a rabid dog on Eli."

Okay, then.

I wasn't expecting Demetri to say that. I was giving him a look of worry and confusion.

"This does not bode well." Demetri then added.

"Let's go, Miyagis. Move your asses!" Johnny yelled.

We all sighed before following Johnny and then we were on top of a building.

When we were on the edge, we all looked down to see bed mattresses on the ground.

Demetri sighed. "Oh God. I'm tired of being right."

Sam and I had a look of fear on our faces after what we saw.

We all stepped back into a line and stared at Johnny.

"What are we doing here?" I asked him.

"When an eagle's hungry, it doesn't hesitate. It'll dive down at 100 miles an hour to snatch its prey. Doesn't wait around for a fish to jump in its feet." Johnny went on to explain.

"Talons." Demetri said.

"It's not talent. It's instinct." Johnny said, "An Eagle knows it has to make the first move. If you want to beat Cobra Kai in the All Valley, you gotta break yourself of this wait-and-see crap."

"How exactly are we gonna do that?" Sam asked from beside me.

"You're gonna jump from this roof to that one." Johnny pointed to another roof of a building.

I looked at him, surprised. I wasn't expecting this.

"What? Are you crazy?" Sam asked, looking at Johnny like he's insane.

In which, he is.

"That building is, like, five Nates away and we're at least 14 Nates high." Demetri said.

"Please don't use me as a system of measurement." Nate looked at Demetri.

"Quiet." Johnny yelled and we all stared at him.

"If you wanna be an Eagle, first you gotta learn how to fly." Johnny said. "And you can't do that unless you jump."

"What if we fall?" Abe asked.

"That's what the mattresses are for." Johnny said.

"And if we miss the mattresses?" Demetri asked.

"Try not to." Johnny told us.

This is really dangerous. I don't know how to feel about this.

"All right, who's first?" Johnny then asked.

We all stared at each other before not saying anything.

"We're not leaving 'til someone jumps." Johnny looked at the two roofs. "Let's go. I'll wait."

"Then I guess you'll be waiting a long time cause we're not jumping." I said.

Then we all sat down.

Sam sat beside me.

I wonder how Eli is doing with my uncle's training.

He's probably having fun.

"I can't believe he wants us to jump from building to building." Sam said.