Chapter 56: Water Park

*Amy's P.O.V*

For a change, I'm not doing what I've usually been doing at my house. I'm doing something else.

And that is being at the water park that's in town with all of my friends.

I'm currently sitting in a lounge chair reading, The Outsiders, as I'm sitting next to Yasmine.

Moon is on the other side of Yasmine and then Sam is next to Moon. There's an empty chair next to Sam and I.

I've watched the movie, The Outsiders, before but never read the book so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to read the book and enjoy myself. Even though I knew that I should be more into the water park.

But the book has my attention more.

"How is the book so far, Amy?" Moon asked me.

"It's fantastic." I commented, "Dally Winston is probably one of my favorite characters in this book. The actor who plays him is really cute too."

"Don't let Eli hear that." Yasmine teased.

I let out a soft chuckle. "I think Eli will be okay with me fangirling every once and awhile."

The rest of the girls chuckled as Sam is also reading a book. She has the same vibe as me today.

"Hey Sam, did you know that the actor who plays Johnny Cade looks exactly like your father when he was younger?" I asked her.

"I've noticed that." Sam nodded. "I thought that was weird."

"Maybe your dad is secretly an actor."

"He may be at this point." I saw my cousin smile out of the corner of my eye.

The next ten minutes ended up being peaceful before I saw Anthony come up to us.

But he didn't say anything.

I thought he would've said something but the only thing he's doing is staring at Moon and Yasmine.

Oh my goodness, Anthony.

"Ew. Anthony, can you not stare at our friends?" Sam asked him.

"No, no, no, I wasn't, um, uh, staring." He said as he gave us a nervous smile and then walked away.

"He's starting high school in the fall, right?" Yasmine asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Let's torture him. Tell him later I asked if he's been working out." Yasmine said and that shocked me.

What the hell?

"Ew. You guys are so gross and I want no part of this." Sam said.

"I want no part of it either." I said as I went back to reading about Johnny Cade and Ponyboy.

"So, Sam, how's the whole Eat, Pray, and Love journey going?" I heard Moon ask Sam.

Man, this book is absolutely amazing. I can literally imagine the whole movie.

"It's actually better than I expected." I heard Sam say, "It's been kind of nice to just focus on myself, without all the karate or relationship drama."

"Hey, babe." I heard a familiar voice and I turned to the side to see my handsome boyfriend, already shirtless, with Miguel.

I smiled and waved at him before turning to Sam. "I'm so sorry. I remembered that I told him that I'll be here."

"It's fine, Amy." Sam assured me, "I mean, it's gonna happen. And it's alright. Miguel and I are still friends."

"Hey, what's up?" Eli said as he bent down to give me a kiss and I smiled, looking at him after we pulled away.