Chapter 76: Senior Year

*Amy's P.O.V*

Is it possible to wake up in such a good mood especially if it's the first day of school? Senior year if we're being specific. I never got excited for a new year of school because it just meant about 8 months of hell and an overload of homework but perhaps there could be a reason to be excited. So I might as well give it a chance before declaring that I'm already tired of the school year.

So looking into the mirror, I looked at my perfect outfit of a red skirt that has a floral and vine print and a white top that has some ruffles on the sleeves. I kept my hair down but I made sure to have some of it curled. I got rid of the pink hair. I kind of wasn't feeling it anymore after a few weeks so when the color was fading out, I let it fade out so that I can have my natural color. But I can always change my mind about coloring my hair a different color in the future.

"Hey, Amy. Are you ready to go?" I heard Sam ask me.

Turning around, I looked at my cousin who had her backpack over her shoulder. "I'm ready."

"Are you trying a different style?"

"I wanna be able to be more confident.." I said, as we walked down the hallway, "I'm still into jeans and sweatpants but it's senior year. I'm trying something new."

"I like it." Sam smiled.

After she finished her sentence, Anthony came out of his room with his own backpack over his shoulder.

"Are you ready to start high school?" I asked him.

"I'm actually terrified."

"No need to be scared, Ant.." Sam started to say, "Amy and I will be here if you need anything."

"Just don't embarrass me." He pleaded as the three of us walked towards the kitchen where we saw Daniel and Amanda sitting at the kitchen table, getting ready to eat breakfast.

"We can't promise that." I laughed.

Anthony shook his head as he grabbed a croissant that's on Uncle Daniel's plate and when Daniel tried to grab it back, Anthony used some karate moves to avoid his dad taking away the breakfast delicacy. Sam and I would laugh at the interaction.

"Have a good day at school." Amanda said to us kids.

"Thank you." I said.

Anthony would continue walking with us and we left the house to go to the car.

Anthony has been practicing karate after we were able to take down Cobra Kai. He's getting better each day and it's great to see him working hard. Sam and I help him if he has any trouble but he's learning.

"We have to pick up Miguel on the way to school." Sam said, getting into the driver's seat.

"We kind of figured." Anthony said.

I got in the backseat with my younger cousin and then Sam started to drive out of the driveway once she had started the engine.

"Eli isn't getting picked up?" Sam asked.

"No." I shook my head. "He's riding with Demetri."

"Are you and him alright?" Anthony asked, "I figured that you would ride with him to the first day of school considering that it's been awhile since you've seen him."

"Just you wait, young cousin.." I patted his shoulder, "Eli and I have been texting. We figured that we'll reunite when we're in the school hallways and we can make out and not care if people are watching."

"Eww." Anthony made a face.

"That's what happens when her other half goes on vacation in the last month of summer." Sam giggled.