Chapter 49

💞💞Chapter 49 💞💞

"Okay groceries done!!!" he said and took his phone from his pocket when he heard a buzzing sound…he smiled on looking at the name… 

"hello lieutenant!!" he said on the phone with a little noticeable chuckle.. 

Alec on the other end  : hmmm… hello to you too…soooo I saw someone was roaming around the grocery shop, nearer to my workstation… (he said and smiled) 

Magnus :ugh got caught … are you here??? (he asked and checked around) 

Alec :no I am at work… I saw you on the way to the spot, from the truck …(he said and signaled leo to go fast to the spot) 

Magnus :Hoo… okay.. When will you get back? (he asked checking his wrist watch) 

Alec :I don't know.. It depends upon the situation out there, I will let you know… and hey I got to go .. (he said rushing out from the truck ) 

Magnus :Okay then.. Bye!! (he said and they both hung the call) 

Magnus smiled gently  on looking at his phone… he had this little fear growing inside him, since the day he got to know alec is a firefighter ..whenever Alec went for a rescue mission magnus got this fear , more like a disturbed feeling.. He doesn't know how to explain these feelings.. He didn't talk about this to Alec or Anna or Sam…

on the way to the parking lot, He crossed a gift Shop and saw a little toy of a garden gnome firefighter through the showcase mirror .. He chuckled on thinking about alec.. 

He went inside the shop… an old shopkeeper man around 70 approached him with a smiling face… 

Old man :what do you want sir?? (he asked politely) 

Magnus :I just want to check on that little toy garden gnome… (he pointed to the stand facing outside) 

Old man :that bearded fellow.. (he laughed at magnus who smiles wide in return) 

Magnus nodded and took that little thing in his hand… 

Old man :buying for your friend?? (he asked) 

Magnus :no!!! It's for my husband!! He is a firefighter (he said with a proud smile and imitated  by giving a pose like a boxer ) 

Old man looked at him in surprise..

 "You know I am proud of you two …" he said with a loving smile… 

"and I always love mocking couples" he added with a smirk.. 

Magnus couldn't help but laugh at his words … 

Magnus :Is it okay, if I gifted him this little statue …? (he asked to reassure himself) 

Old man :if he is a whimsical sort?? If your husband is good at humor and jokes?? Then take this for him…. Because this is the weirdest gift… "a garden heroic gnome firefighter with beard".. This breaded fellow can always cheer a man up after a long and dangerous shift of saving lives.. Just looking at his cheerful expression is enough to lighten up the mood… (he said caressing that beard on that little statute) 

Magnus smiled and asked him to pack that.. 

Old man :so he can take humor!(he smiled) 

Magnus :he is my sarcastic bitch!! (he said in return for which the old man laughed out loud) 

Old man :okay… I will pack this for your sarcastic hooman . You can take a look at the rack on that right corner… all for fighters and soldiers….(he imitated in same way like magnus does before)