Chapter 120

"Are you sure she is breathing?? " Alec asked  while keeping his index finger in a slanting way just below her nose like 10 th time in a row … 

"for the love of God!! Alec!!! will you stop doing that" magnus annoyed on seeing His husband's full attention is on his little cauliflower.. And he was sitting alone on the bed… 

Well our little cauliflower is named Roxanna … "Roxanna lightwood bane ".. It means brightness… She was named by her grandpa asmodeus…that's what Asmo decided to name her daughter who died in her mother's womb which Magnus doesn't know about yet …. 

After they received a call from the adoption center, Magnus and Alec rushed there… They pick up the baby after finishing all their formalities and their family prepares their home for the new member of lightwood bane's family .. When they bring her home.. They had a little party with their family and friends for both Magnus's birthday and Roxanna coming home .. Yes Anna, Sam, deva, Ivana, Kaylee (Ivanas' daughter), leo, John, gracie, manny, omen and presley everyone was there along with Henry… 

In that party Magnus noticed that Henry and Alec had some private talk which Magnus didn't want to interrupt at that moment.. They party almost late at night with that baby because Izzy and Clary love her a lot.. They even mention if it wasn't Malec's baby they would have taken that baby and run away by now ….

When Roxanna started to yawn and got tired of those party lights, everyone planned to end the party. They all stayed in asmodeus apartment like last night…Magnus fed Roxanna as usual  because he was the one doing it since she was born .. Alec was looking at that little one with heart eyes all the time and he also observed how magnus was lifting her and feeding her.. For the next few days Magnus is gonna be with them.. But after that Alec is gonna take care of her during the day with Asmodeus' help and at night Magnus will be there after work.... So he is physically and mentally preparing himself to be a good father… Magnus would notice that fathery side of Alec who melts on every single move of roxanna.. 

Now she is sleeping in the cradle next to their bed… Alec couldn't take his eyes from her.. He is constantly checking her breath because it's been 2 hrs since she started to sleep.. 

Alec : why she isn't waking up.. Isn't it already 2 hrs?? Mom said we need to feed her every 2 hrs… (he said gently rubbing his index finger on her arms) 

Magnus : yes but sometimes they sleep like 3 to 4 hrs in a row.. So don't worry if she is hungry she will woke up and cry (he said while walking towards alec and hugging him from behind) 

Alec : should I bring her milk??? So we can feed her before she could start to cry.. Because in the evening when she started to cry she went all red.. I can't prepare the milk properly. Her whining makes me nervous.. (Alec said still looking at her) 

Magnus : formula expires in 1 hour, Alexander!!! (he smiled) if she doesn't wake up in the next hour you have to throw that away and prepare a new one… (he said standing next to him by leaning on the wall nearer) and getting nervous when the baby cries is a typical parenthood effect.. (he said nudging Alec a little on his shoulder) 

Alec : hmmm…. (he hummed disappointedly) 

Magnus smiled and took a piece of party paper from Alec's head.. 

Alec : Do you think she needs another blanket? Because she looks cold… (he said and went to take another baby blanket but Magnus stopped him). 

Magnus :stop there pretty boy!!(Alec breathed out with a smile on hearing that) She is fine… you swaddled her perfectly on your first try itself , she wore her mittens and soft woolen caps only her eyes, nose and lips were visible. You covered her perfectly and she already had a cozy blanket over her… If You put another one then she might start to cry because of suffocation… (he said pinching alec's cheeks at the end)