Kadva Sach

Chapter 5

Kadva Sach

Rehmaans truth was hurting and the image that was playing in Zains mind was even more haunting.

Ya Allah ...why... she was alone ...all by herself ...in a strange city surrounded by strangers and all lost. But then a realization hit him ...it could have been even worse ...a spark met his eyes ...

Thankgod for Rehmaan his Aaliya was safe ...she had a place to stay and someone looked after her well...grateful...he was not only of finding Aaliya but seeing that she was helped by this stranger to re-build her life...A life where Zains existence now seemed invisible .

He looked up at Rehmaan again , this time his eyes were gentle and masked with a bout of gratefulness. One lifetime will be less to tell you how much I owe you ...You not only saved her ...but you have saved me instead. I can give you anything in return to just be close to my Aaliya ...Rhea...is and will always remain your daughter, but she had a life and I want her to know who she was...his voice trailed away..

Rehmaans anger was screaming, his fist tightened at the thought...She had a bad concussion and making her remember her past might trigger bad effects on her health. I don't want to lose her again...

Bitter truth ...Zains heart knew...he looked at Rizwaan, as helpless and sadness was slowly engulfing him...Uncle...I understand your situation completely, but Aaliya has a family and they have the right to know everything about her ...Rizwaan tried to explain ...but Rehmaan was still reluctant...

After all the things I have read in her diary , I don't have the courage to send her with this guy ...Shauhar ka kya matlab hota hai ...yeh shayad yeh insaan samajh hi nahi sakta ....his accusing looks ripped Zains thoughts...

Dr.Quereshi...Zain said coldly ...agar Aaliya ke saath kuch bhi galat hua hai , toh mai manta hu ki meh sirf uska Gunhegaar hu ...agar kisiko mujhe saza dene ka haq hai toh sirf aur sirf Aaliya ka...yeh humare miya biwi ki aapas ki baat hai ...

Biwi ...kaise biwi ...Talaq kehne ke baad tumhara uske saath koi rishta nahi hai ...bhool gaye tum ... Rehmaans bitterness was pouring in each and every word ...

Par mai toh ...before Zain could speak Rehmaan yelled Chup ho jaoo...aur yeha se chale jao ...mai Rhea koh kuch nahi bataunga na hi tumhare pass aane doonga , his steely voice sealed Zains faith...

To see your loved one being snatched away once by death and another by destiny...Zain felt devastated...He had never felt so ripped off, he wanted to put up a fight ...wanted to tell this guy ...how much he cared for Aaliya ...but his words had failed ...he felt he did not owe him a justification for his love...he just walked out of the house ...

His thoughts all the while were in the past ...wish he could change his past ...he would have never let her go ...and now he will be a known stranger to her. The mere thought that she might look through him made him feel miserable ...he was lost in his thoughts, fighting his urge to face the problem or just flow with his anger ... He had never in this wildest dreams thought that Aaliya would never recognize him ...he was prepared to bear any pain ...endure anything to win her back ...her anger her hatred her stubbornness ...he was ready to face any thing ...but the challenge that life had thrown him right now...was too much to handle ...

Zain didn't realize that an hour had passed when he had stormed out of Rehmaans house and Rizwaan was still inside. Finally Rizwaan walked out, lets go I have to meet Aaliya ...Zain declared...

No said Rizwaan ..

What, you too feel that we should leave her all by herself ...this guy might be her guardian but she is not unsafe with me ...How can you even believe him and tell me to leave ...Zain accused Rizwaan.

I said you cant meet Aaliya Bhabhi, you can meet definitely meet ...Rhea...he smiled

I have pursued Qureshi Uncle to send Rhea to our place. She will stay in Barkat villa with you for a full three months and you have to not only win this guys heart and Rheas ...but get back our Aaliya Bhabhi into our world...

Now please don't ask me what all I said to convince him ...Rizwaan said squinting his eyes ...Aaliya Bhabhi has a three months work break in school from tomorrow since she is still on a temporary position ...and Rehmaan Uncle was as it is coming down for his clinic in Mumbai ...the only difference is that rather than staying at his place, he has agreed to stay at Barkat villa...he will give some excuse to make her stay with us ...but Zain you have to be very careful...a small tiny mistake and he might never let her come to you again . I know legally you can challenge him ...but please lets not hurt Aaliya Bhabhi any more ...you need to respect his place too in her life ...he looked up at Zain...and he was startled ...Zain was smiling ...infact to be more precise almost laughing with joy...he just hugged Rizwaan ...

But his mind was blank and mouth speechless...how on earth did Riz do it ...he had no clue ...but now he had a task in hand ...he had to win Aaliya all the way back and get her back to her own old self...his mamu ki bhanji will be coming back to her mamu ke ghar ...after 1 whole year ...and he will be near her again. Its one of those moments in a persons life where you fail to smile, cry or even breath ... His red eyes filled with tears of joy were slowly becoming more human now...

I want to meet her before we return to Mumbai, he finally spoke.

Ok said Rizwaan and smiled. Rizwaan knew stopping Zain right now would only fuel his anxiety, he needed an assurance and seeing Aaliya was the only way out.

Sneaking into a school or out of a college was no different and both Rizwaan and Zain had a PhD in it. When Rizwaan was busy talking to the watchman , Zain sneaked into the building and reached the second floor. In the entrance he saw her...her back towards the class writing something on the black board...and as though she could sense him she turned ...He smiled and saw the only face who could give a serenity to his restless soul...and turned his back...

Her eyes were fixed on the withdrawing shadow, she had felt strange...as though someone was pulling her ...into his mind and body ...Must be a lack of sleep ...she smiled to herself and kept on writing on the black board.

On the stairs, Zain was in deep thoughts...Aaliya will be back home ...Barkat Villa ...but at what price ...he had no idea ...his heart raced like a crazy horse ...into a wild arena of love and hope ...He would not let her down this time ...he had promised himself ...

Tere tasavoor koh ek din yuh taras jayenge socha na tha ...

Tere rooh mai khud koh yuh guhla payenge ...socha na tha ...

SIM

Precap- How will Zain pursue Suraiya to let Aaliya stay at Barkat Villa, catch the next chapter for that one