Ajeeb Si Baat

Chapter 12

Ajeeb si baat...

As Rhea walked in, she saw she had broken a deep conversation, as Heena Khallas face looked tensed and Zains head had dropped down...she smiled ...

maybe hearing about the kids had opened up Zains insight about life...she felt happy that her purpose of getting him here was solved ...

Aree aap abhi baatein kar rahi hai ...humein jaana hoga ...nikaltle hai ...khalla khayal rakhyega, she hugged her tight as Khalla smiled and blessed her with happiness...

She started walking out only to realize Zain was not moving ...challe ...he looked up ...

and she saw a face that laid haunted ...and cursed ...disturbed, unknown to her that he had discovered some hidden wounds ...that were bleeding again ...

He slowly gave his silent sallam to the women who had cursed him so bitterly and walked out ...

As they walked out,he abruptly stopped in the corridor ...she turned around realizing he was not following her...

Ab kya hua ...

He pointed towards the restroom ...still not able to see in her eyes...

Oh ..jao ..mai bahar wait karti hu ...she walked ahead ...and stood waiting

Zain walked in ...and opened her diary ...the one that she had written when she had lost her memory ...

It was crunched at several places ...

He read ...to be revealed ...few lines that smashed his heart ...as tears fell down ...he realized ...

kya hua ...kaun hai ...maloom nahi ...bas dhundla chehra hai ...har roz aata hai ...bhoolta hi nahi ...

kaun hai who ...kisikoh nahi maloom ...par bahut dard hai ...jaise kisine dil mai kil chuboyi ho ...kaun hai who ...nazar bhi nahi aata ...

As Zain flipped pages ...soaking in all her pain ...he read ...and re-read ...

His identity was splashed on each page with no face or name ...her pain was beyond measures now ...

he hid the diary back in his bag ...and drenched his face with water ...the red eyes would give way his tears ...he wore his shades ...and looked at the image ...and silently walked out ...

As she looked irritated...

Ek toh yaha tak drive karo...aur janab apne speed mai aise washroom mai waqt guzarte hai ...jaise makeup kar rahe ho...

aur yeh chashma kyu style marne ke liye pehna hai ...andar kaunsi dhoop tumhare aankhon mai chub rahi hai ...utaro usse ...

He just looked up, took it out ...and then put his head down ...

She muttered a few more frustrating words as she reached the car ...

Taking a deep breath she realized ...maybe he was feeling low knowing about the kids ...

Ice-cream khane chalet hai...she asked as he stood silent ...the real suffocation was asphyxiating him ...

He didn't answer ...and looked down ...

Oh ...mai toh bhool gayi ...ab baat kar sakte ho ...

Nahi ghar chalet hai...as the first set of words made way in his dry mouth ...she looked surprised ...