Lamhein

Chapter 29

Lamhein...

Rhea kept on staring at him ...trying to drill some imaginary sense in his head ...

His note ...still had elements that made her go crazy ...what did he want, she was desperate to talk to him ...

The only sentence she had heard from his mouth was when Rehmaan had spoken to him and convinced him to take her to see the Ganesh Visarjan.

It had taken her two hours of google search ...to chalk out what exactly she had to see ...to hook Zain, the plot had to be convincing for her dad too. It was a tedious task to ask her dad to speak to Zain, but she had no options.

When he had not stepped out of the room the whole day she knew, she would have to go a step further to forgive her and that's when the idea of Burkha had strike. She had never worn one...and getting one and wearing one was a big deal. She couldn't understand how girls wore it all the time in this heat, it thus takes a lot of dedication and will power to follow what is righteous.

The worst was walking and standing in front of Zain, so close to him that mind and heart beats were fragmenting every second.

His physical pull was enigmatic, yet she wasn't able to see him clearly ..the mesh on her eyes forbade her vision. The only face that soothened her despair was visible in a through this maze of fine threads...no intrinsically woven that even a centimeter of his smooth skin was scaled down at the nano level.

The image was stinging her every second that she was in the car, Rhea had faded ...her zest, her wants to talk hold him hug him talk to him and of course watch him were manically multiplying. She had coaxed him to talk ...but he didn't ...and the last Note ...made her torment her residual sanity.

Enough...she had pulled up the veil ...finally breathing ...letting her see his face ...atleast she could watch him ...an mute Zain was better than a masked one ...an untouchable thought ...

She pulled her burkha away ...below was a pink Salwaar ...a ravishing figure ...surrounded by a sadness ..an erotic urge to get intimate had crossed its borders now...

Theek hai ...Raho bhoot bhanke ...waise tumhare kitkit sunena kai mujhe bhi koi shauq nahi...

His eyebrows pulled his eyes up ...so she was still putting up a fight ...he smiled again ...

Ab chale ...gadi ke andar itni garmi hai ki andon mai se bcahe bhi bahar phudak padenge...she was laughing now ...

They got down of the car, to be swept in a pool of strangers ...it was a crowd so huge in humongous numbers that Rhea was scared now, maybe it wasn't a great idea to roam in such a place ...the colors of holi ...were being splashed around ...the air had a breath of excitement ...

Ganpati Bappa Morya ...Pudhchya Varshi Lavkar yaa...(Praise the elephant Lord Ganesh and urging him to come sooner next year)

The slogan to call the elephant god had filled the atmosphere with an unfelt energy ...a spiritual aura had engulfed Mumbai ...

Rhea held on Zain's hand more firmly now...the foreign sounding languages made her realize she was indeed in a strange land ...His arms ...and the masculinity of those hands protected her ..she had never felt so safe anywhere else, it was as though her second home ...the security that his single arm around her provided was far greater than hundreds of policemen patrolling the area...

They moved towards the beach, gently drifting with the crowd...no efforts were needed as the pressure from so many people pushing was just jostling them towards the sea front ...