Aakhri Tohfa

Chapter 35

Akhri Tohfa ...

Zains eyes ..never left Aaliyas ...as the wind blew stronger ...they decided to go to their tents ...he saw her tears that had streaked down ...her pain ...her wish ...

As they all went in their respective tent ...

He did stand outside her tent ...near the flickering flames, the fire ignited in both their heart, the pain of separation, ignorance, unfulfilled love, hidden jealousy...flames that lept higher as fragments of orange sparks ..blew towards him ...

He looked in her tent ...taking a deep breath he finally walked towards her ...

Rhea ...she looked up..smiling finally he was talking to her ...the night was still not over

Davai ...her face fell...as Aalisha looked away ...still hiding her tears for her friend ...

He started walking away ..she ran outside and called him...

Aaj kuch cheeze bhool nahi rahe ho...referring to his rose and I love you Da ...his daily routine..he didn't show her his smile...and turned back...

Ab zaroorat nahi hai..Gulab ...roz ..kachre mai hi fekti ho...so aaj maine wahi rakha hai ..she looked down,

Apne tent ke bahar dekh lena ...dustbin mai rakha hai ...uski jagah wahi hai ...haqeekat wahi hai ...words that pinched her raw pulse ...one bite at a time

..aur jaha tak kuch bolne ka saval hai ...aaj nahi ...

aaj meri sazaa nahi dogi na tum, birthday hai na...isliye mujhe choot di na...subhah se kuch bhi nahi bola...nafrat nahi ki ...

Par mujhe toh adad hai...yu kaho ab toh lat lag gayi,

jab tak koi jurmana bhugat na lu ...neend nahi aati ...

toh maine hi aaj khud koh sazaa di...aaj nahi kahunga ...tumse ...

aaj who baat is chote se dil mai hi rahegi ...

he put his closed fist on his chest

bechain hai ..machlega bhi ...par shanth ho jayega ...nahi aayega tumhe tang karne ...aaj ka jurmana iska ..theek hai ...the words burnt her ..her illness had made him cold ...all her hatred had stoned him ...he wanted to suffer even when she was normal now...a shiver ran down her spine...to what extent had she hurt him ...

Good night ...

As he walked away ..he again called her ...she looked up

Rhea ...Aaliya se kehna ...aaj usse bahut miss kiya ...theek hai ..bye

She stepped back to her tent and got under the blanket sobbing ...walking away will be painful ...but she had to ..he deserved peace ..around her there was only hurt ...just 5 more days ...and everything will be over ..he will be set free ...when she will walk away ..

Half an hour later ...she heard his footsteps again

As the wind ...intensified...she saw his shadow ..walking towards the dense jungle ...

a restless Aaliya walked out when she saw him walking away ...as he turned towards the tree ...he disappeared,

she searched for him ...but he was not there ...she silently pleaded, the darkness now blinding her ...just like the way she had let him sit in a room with darkness and silence ...he was making her experience the same pain ...