Dubara Boliyae

Chapter 35 

Part B:

Dubara Boliyae ...

He asked the driver to take them to a restaurant for lunch ...

A bit lazy ...the driver took a short cut to a traditional South Indian place ...unheard by tourists

The place looked crowded ...with loads of south Indian foods doing the rounds of the tables, Rheas nose was hyper activated ...

They took a secluded table ...the cute waiter was standing over there head before Zain could even open the menu ...

Order ...Sir ...he spoke in a heavy south Indian accent

Zain said ...do minute...he stared blankly at him ...

Zain again showed him tow fingers suggesting him to give two minutes...the waiter pointed towards the washroom ...

Rhea laughed uncontrolled now...

Finally Zain digged his head in the menu ...

Do dosa ...aur do chai...

He asked in chaste kannada ...Yenu dosa beku (which dosa you want)

Now Zain and Rhea starred at him ...point blank ...

neevu kannada maataadteera(you don't know kannada) ...he asked shaking his head

they were still blank ...

He confidently decided to decode their hindi ... inn'ond'sala h"i(repeat again )...

Zain thought he was hearing French ...he couldn't understand not a single word ..and now he was starving ...

Do you know English ...Zain asked him in English...

Yes yes ...the waiter smiled happily ...

Zain and Rhea were happy ...

I want two dosas ...Zain tried conveying his hunger pangs now

Yavadu (which) came the prompt reply ...

Both Zain and Rhea were tired now ...

Zain looked around to seek help ...the waiter still gave him the silly smile ...

The waiter said ...Nana hesaru ...Ramchandra ...(my name is Ram Chandra) ...

Zain laughed ...if the introduction took 15 minutes the order might take forever ...

With broken English Rama explained ...I artha saulpa ...little English(I can understand little) ...

Zain saw towards Rhea ...

She was sleeping on the Menu ...Zain smiled...

He opened the menu and indicated the number ...and then showed one finger at her and another for him ...

Rama the smart one instantly understood and rushed away ...

Rhea finally woke to the yummy smell of a big paper dosa that was falling off the table with the length and steam piping sambhar ...She sniffed it ...and just started digging in ...not once looking up ..

Zain ate his and smiled at her ...the child like Rhea and her hunger ...

Rama was back in no time before Zain could even finish half of his Dosa...

Yeenu beku ...(What else do you want) ...Rama quizzical eyes seems like were forever hell bent on making the customers leave this table before they go insane ...

Zain smiled ...and sipped on an imaginary cup...

Rama understood and dashed inside to get them two hot cups of Kaafi ...

Rhea was still finishing Dosa ...hers was long over ...

right now she was feeding on Zains share...that Zain had reluctantly given away ...

she looked as though she would have snatched it ...

Da...Dheere se...koi nahi cheen raha...

Rhea looked up with mouthful of food...

Rama came back with the Kaafi(coffee) in two small stainless glasses that were inverted in a small stainless steel cup...for cooling purposes ...

Aayo Amma ...nidhana eat (slowly eat) ....Zain was laughing seeing Rheas furious eyes on Rama ...

Mai waise hi khaungi jaise mera man kare ...tumhe kya ...

Rama looked down ...maybe the Rheas sharp words had indeed crossed the language barriers ...

Rhea felt bad for Rama ...

She smiled towards him ...Rama immediately gave her a 100 watt bulb smile ...flashing his white pearls at her ...

dhanyawada ...neevu bahut sweet ...his efforts in mixing three languages in one sentence was mind blowing ...

Zain and Rhea both left him with a generous tip ...and moved towards their hotel...

SIM

Part C : plans for the evening ..