Beete Yadeein

Chapter 14

Beete Yadeein ...

Leaving a shouting and struggling Zain in the pool, Rhea walked back to her room humming a song ...

Don't take panga...tada tada da ...

Don't take paanga ...

Taking the cozy blanket over her head ...she slept comfortably...her brain all the while thinking ...

Zain miya ab aap bahar aaoge ...sharth haroge ...aur phir ...she could barely control her naughty thoughts ...that were growing more and more suggestive now ...

Rhea yeh kya ho raha hai...tum itni flirty kab se ho gayi ...he he pyaar mai sab chalta hai ...she absent mindedly had spoken the unsaid realization ...loud enough for her soul to hear ..Pyaar ...she closed her eyes with dreams ...sweet ones ...

It was 2:00 am ...Rhea kept on turning restlessly on her bed ...a distorted image ...was playing ...

She was wearing a white burkha ...and was banging the door ...a big steel double door...it was freezing in there ...she suddenly felt very cold ...felt as though her feet were swarmed in boulder of ice...she kept on hitting it to open ...with something ...but it didn't open ...

the below zero feeling had numbed her hands ...she was yelling ...koi hai ...koi darvaaza khollo...a plea to save ...she suddenly looked back ...

he was sitting almost in a fetal position ...his knees merging with his face ...looking dazed, his eyes had fixated down as though they were icy and frigid ...he was shivering ...the cold was biting him inch by inch...every breath was getting broken ...an uneven rhythm ...she knew he will not survive for long ...his life was bleaking ...dwindling out in the hyperborean in the cutting and desolated cold room 

...he was not looking up ...she was shouting ...asking him to wake up but he wouldn't ...he was not listening to her pleas ...

Please Khuda ke liye ...Ya Allah meri jaan le lo par... ... hifazat karo ...she couldn't hear the exact words that were missing, who was he what was she doing in the cold storage... ...She shrieked...

When she got up from the bed it was wet with sweat ...her thunderous heart were unable to let her even open her eyes ...she was scared ...a nightmare ...a bad one ...and the window of her room was rocking ...almost bashing on the edges ...she looked up ...it was raining heavily ...

Mid-August and rains ...the stormy winds were letting in shreds of rain droplets inside ...the thunder and lightning made her nightmare look rather real ...the whole scene looked straight out of a horror film

Why had she seen such a weird dream ...who was she trying to save ...and who was that guy in that room ...she could only re-collect his pink T-shirt ...and a blue coat ...his face was covered by his hands...that had sunk in his knuckles ...and she had begged him to be saved ...why ...

She slowly moved towards the window to close it ...the banging's of the window sill had spread an eerie gloom in her room, the sound was driving her more mad than the bad dream ...

She gently reached out to close the luneete window ...trying to reach with when her short height ...a constant pressure on the toes that she was trying to extend were giving away ...her eyes shifted down ...

She saw a gloomy shape ...restlessly moving in the darkness of the swimming pool ...Rhea stopped breathing ...a vicious sight captivated her eyes...crumbling her soul...

By the time she had rushed down she couldn't bear to see the revolting scene ...

He stood there ...shivering ...his body was more tremor prone with a mere wiff of mini waves that were being formed in the swimming pool ...

...drenched in water and overburdened with the rain ...she saw her game of wits had taken such a ghastly form ...

She rushed forward ...called out 

Zain ...bahar aa jao ...yeh kya kar rahe ho ...his quivering eyelashes that had so far protected his eyes ...opened ...he nodded, moving his head in a mundane motion ...she could barely make out ...he was saying NO...NO ...NO...

The small heart in her body shuddered ...her mind that was blank ...tried to salvage the adversity...three hours had passed since she had walked away from him ...without fulfilling the last part of her bet ...

A bet that she had cunningly pushed him to accept...her provocation...her adamant attitude ...she just wanted to teach him a lesson for acting jealous...who was he to act possessive about her, he didn't own her ...now the same thoughts were haunting her, laughing insanely at her hopeless situation...something that she wanted to wean away from instantly

 ...she clapped ...her third one ...the one that would set him free from his challenge ...a challenge that had cost him so much pain ...a challenge that had left a gruesome and horrendous mark on Rhea ...

He slowly walked out ...his now semi paralyzed limbs somehow dragged him ...out of the pool ...he crashed in her arms ...finally ...

Zain tum theek to ho na ...the heavy rainfall ...almost muted her question ...

he just nodded ...she presumed a yes ...

she slowly took him back ...to his room ...

their wet bodies were igniting ...hers with a pain of shame ...and his with his stupefied stubbornness ...he had promised her he wouldn't let her down ...he didn't ...

She slowly led him to his bed ...but he turned towards the couch ...

She wanted to stop him , but her voice had muffled in him ...she was tongue-tied...

He sat on the couch, gently drenching it with his soaked clothes ...

Zain yeh kya tha ...he looked up ...afraid that he didn't have answers ...why he did that ...scared to look in her eyes ...that had permeated in sadness now...

Challenge tha ...so poora kiya ...chahe kuch bhi karna pade ...

Kuch bhi ...she spoke with a pain sharp as a nail and blunt as a back of a knife that was constantly pounding in her head now ...

Haa...he looked away ...

Rhea pulled the blanket on him ...she had failed to understand what sort of man was he...she was scared now....maybe he was a myth ...an illusion ...they never can have a simple life ...a bleak future ...

Protracting her steps like a defeated warrior she walked out of his room not wanting to look back in those eyes ...shallow ...drifting in a unknown world...

Rhea had just met an asphyxiated Zain ...someone whom she never wanted to see ...someone who was still struggling with the shadows of his past...

He pulled the warmth of the blanket closer to his face ...unable to know why ...

...a blank face ...and  barren thoughts mingled his soul...

For Zain Abdullah was no more living in the present... closing his eyes...afraid to think what happens tomorrow...

Kaash meri tadap tu dekh paati ...

Bin tere kitna tanha hu ...yeh samajh jati ...

Par naa tu mujhe jaanti hai ...naa pehchanti hai ...

Teri yehi Ajnabee bane rehni ki sazaa...

...ab mujhe har roz tadpati hai...

Pre-cap: What happens next will this love story move ahead ...or will it just dissolve in the realms of fear ...