Imtihaan

Chapter 48

Imtihaan...

She walked out crying ...his ways ...his message moved her ...the care and love so visible yet the distance to teach her a lesson that she believed she will never forget for life...

As the first night passed ...her anxiety was back...the urges to see him and talk ...was driving her crazy ...but she followed his instructions to tilt...he had obeyed her for almost 4 months ..now it was her turn

The next day she waited ...the instruction was a call at 6 pm ...her happiness and thrill of knowing he was watching her was brimming ...as she opened the note that was sent Via Rehmaan ...

6:00-6:05- jaanch

6:05-6:06- Ek line ki baat

End

She had read and re-read it several times ...crying smiling ..almost crushing it ...

As she closed the curtains and switched on the light ...looking at the lap top ...the call buzzed ...she excitedly put on her video ...

and pulled up her kurta ...cursing herself ...silently ..it was weird ...to just flash your injury to a blank screen with your small little image of your back ...she saw the watch as it ticked to 6:05 and turned around in a hurry she just said one line : I love you Zain ...Bahut miss kiya tumhe...the chat went blank as she realized he had cut the call...

The next few days were even worse ...the long wait ...the feelings of being close yet far ...no one ..told her anything ...as she secretly tried slowing her steps to hear conversations of others ...everyone froze as she approached ...she realized how sad and isolated he must have felt ...around her for 25 days ...

But she was smart enough too...she had sent a lunch box ..with great homemade food ...afternoon she rushed to ask Kashif ....dabba wapas aaya ...he nodded ...

She went and opened it ...the food was untouched ...

A small post it ...

Thank you

Her heart ached ...she so desperately wanted to walk to him and hug him ...the feelings now driving her crazy...

That day her message was a bit longer ...I love you Zain...bahut yaad aa rahi hai...huggie chaiye...the line was dead

Day3- I love you kitkit ...theek toh ho na tum ...ghaav bhara tumhara ...pata hai aaj zarron ne tumhe hi bola hai ...maine school mai resignation de diya ...dead

Day4- I love you Zain ...ek chota selfie bhejoge ...mai pagal ho jaungi iss sante se ...please ...dead

Day5- I love you kitkit ...bahut zyada yaad aa rahi hai tumhari ...nahi rok paa rahi hu...sorry plz mai hospital aa jao...dead...

Day6- I love you Jaan ...itne nirdayi ho ...sorry plz maaf kar do na ..please ...dead...

Day7- Chot almost chali gayi hai ...mai kal aa sakti hu ...I love you ...dead ...

Day 8- Mai aajo please please please ...sirf dekh kar chali aaungi promise...dead ...

Day 9- She received a note -

6:00-6:15- examination time

6:15-6:18-faisla

6:19- Depart ...

She was drained by the end of the week ...having tried every herbal and allopathy treatment to make sure the welt had faded ...but a small spot still stayed back...the blood had clotted and that was bothering her ...he will not relent if she fails this test ...it will mean another few days of separation that she couldn't think off...but she was excited to see him ...