Cheekh

Chapter 38

Cheekh...

As she stirred slowly ...she did feel the heaviness in her head ...a comatose version ..hallucinating visions...was her mind upto a game again ...she still tried keeping her eye lids open ...touching the thing she had been sleeping on ...the sudden feeling of softness ...how come his laps were so soft ...maybe it was the silky cloth of his pathani ...she smiled ...

Grasping the cloth she struggled to sit up and couldn't ...she was not able to move ...a fear set in ...was she losing her physical ability too...as she agitated again ...

a firm hand came on her wrist ...a soft touch of someones lips ...she smiled still closing her eyes ...she would miss him like crazy ...as she remembered his promise...today will be the last day ...of their relationship...

As she smiled and a drop of tear trickled down ...the lips kissed once more and the warmth of a large palm enclosed her palms ..the feeble ones ...protecting them ...

Zain ...she called him ...

There was no response ...only a pin drop silence in the background of a heavy breathing ...maybe someone was sobbing ...or mourning ...as she once again opened her swollen eyelids ...

The vision spiraled ...the room ...the softness ...it was her bedroom ...as she looked around

Were they able to escape and she lost her short term memory again ...confused ...agitated she starred ...searched in the vicinity ...

Aaliya ...allah ka laakh laakh sukhra hai ...tumhe hosh aa gaya ...

As he helped her sit on the bed ...she saw her wrist had marks on it ...red nail streaks ...the swollen scratches ...painful welts ...as she kept her head straight ...the neck still slopping on the side ...

Zain ...she muttered again ...

As she regained her gait and realized the room had a lot of people ...Rehman, Suraiya, Fahad, Rizwan, Aayat, her ammi abbu ...Alisha ...even Abdul chacha and Kashif ...but he was not around...

Did he already leave ...he didn't even tell her a final good bye...

Why she couldn't recollect anything ...

Zain ...kaha hai ...her voice trembled...

As Rehman held her hand again ...

Beta shanth ho jao ...

Pehle pani pee lo...

Dad ...mai yaha kaise pahuchi ...Zain kaha hai ...

As she tried coming out of the bed ...

Aaliya ...he held her down ...pehle chup baitho the angry voice yelled at her ....hilna bhi mat...as she realized her other hand had IV lines ...she was hooked on a lot of tubes ...a lot of machines were beeping in the room ...

Dad...please Zain koh bulaiye ...who chala gaya kya ...uski flight raat kit hi na ...kya hua dad ...

As Rehman kissed her hand again ...

Aaliya mere baat suno ...as she saw Suraiya turning her face away and sinking on her knees ...

Chala gaya na who ...mujhe bola bhi nahi ...mujhe usse akhri bar milna tha ...dad please usse phone kijiye ...mujhe uski avaaz sunni hai ...please she was crying profusely ...

Aaliya ...pehle pani pee lo....

As he held the glass...she knew there was no escape but to listen to him ..or else she will never get to know ...

As she sipped three sips ...and returned the glass ...

Rehman kissed her hand again ...

Dad ..please mujhe bechaini ho rahi hai ...Zain airport ke liye nikal gaya kya ...uski flight take off ho gayi kya ...

please ek call kijiye ...Mami ..aap ka call who receive karega ...mujhe sirf uski avaaz suni hai ...mera dil baitha jaa raha hai ...who theek nahi hai ...as the tears and tremors intensified ...Ghulam ...Fahad and Rehman all rushed ahead to hold her down ...

As Rehman ...prepared a quick sedative ...and injected in her IV line ...as the drip flowed the shock ...eased...she sat quietly still crying ...

Rehman kept his hand in hers ...

Aaliya ...tumhe pata hai aaj kya din hai ...

She looked up ...

Wednesday ...hum Tuesday koh school mai the ...phir who atankwadi ...her voice broke off...

Hai na ...she asked to reconfirm ...

Beta Aaj Friday hai ...

Friday ...kaise ho sakta hai ...mai uss raat Zain ke saath thi...Zain London pahucha hoga mujhe usse baat karni hai ...please dad ...

As Rehman spoke again ...in a calmer tone...

Tum humein ghar ke bahar mili ...Budhwar ki subhah...

Behosh ...tumhe hosh nahi aa raha tha...toh majbooran medically induced coma mai daalna pada ...chloroform ki dose ...bahut jyada ho gayo thi ...

Kal tumne apna haath hilaya ...tab humein laga ki tumhe hosh aa raha hai ..isliye ghar par laaye ...

Abhi shaam ho gayi hai ...hum sab subhah se tumhare jagne ka wait kar rahe hai ...

Matlab mai ded din se yaha hu ...Zain kaha hai dad ...

Beta ..wahi toh hum poochna chahte hai ...Zain kaha hai ...

London ..woh keh raha tha ...ki who delhi se flight lene wala hai ...Wednesday ki flight thi ...mujhe ghar ke bahar chodkar who gaya hoga ...she looked at Fahad ...Bhai ..please pata lagyae...

Fahad looked startled...Aaliya ..Zain ne koi ticket book nahi ki...

Kys usne aapko transfer ke paper fax kiye the ...mangalwar subhah

Haa ..usne ...power of attorney bhi di ...fax aaya tha uska ...

Par Aaliya ..usne kabhi ticket nahi book kiye ...London mai koi nahi hai jaha who jaata ...who toh waha padhne gaya tha ...na koi dost hai ..na koi rishtedar...

Aaliya looked down ...

Jhooth bola usne ...vada kiya tha ...as she felt dizzy again ...Rehman held her ...

Aaliya Police ne bahut talash kiya ...par un logon ka kuch pata nahi ...tumhe hosh aa gaya ...khuda ka shukra hai ...

tumhe yaad hai who jagah jaha tumhe rakha gaya tha ...kuch bhi yaad hai toh batao...humein Zain koh dhoodna hoga ...who shayad abhi bhi unke paas hai ...

The words scratched her now ...as she closed her eyes ...

Zain ne jhoot bola ...jhooth bola mujhse ...usne sauda kiya ...apni jaan ka sauda ...meri hifazzat ke liye ...ya Allah ...mai kaha dhoondungi usse ...as she fell in a deep sleep again ...

Suraiya ...got up...

The loud shriek of his name ...made everyone cry ...every eye in the room was filled with pain ...

SIM

Khamoshi hai ab charo aur ...

Cheek mai ghuli hai ...kisike sannate ka shor

Pre-cap: Does Aaliya get to know about Zains horrible past