Notes

Chapter 28

Notes ...

Zain walked back to his room...gently closing the door ...two days ...48 hrs ...2880 minutes and 1,72,800 seconds later it was the most nerve wracking time he had ever spent ...alone ...away from home ...away from his Rhea .

The want and desires that he had seen in her eyes ...her needs her urges were the same, the familiar ones that greeted him every second when he had seen his face in the mirror...

He wanted to hug her, sway in her smiles ...make her happy ...and kiss her ...but he had stopped himself. Two days, he had not spoken to anyone ...in his far away office just submerging himself in his work ...not letting her thoughts haunt him...only the nights were frightening ...but he had managed, and he was feeling confident.

Just in case if tomorrow she walks away, he was preparing himself for her absence ...the early morning when he had woken, the night Rhea had seen Aaliyas snap in his hands ...he was scared to lose her.

What was he doing, running behind a shadow, she will dwindle off the day she will become Aaliya again and then what...what if she doesn't return ...what if the questions had coaxed him to stay away depriving himself of any senses in a cocoon of isolation. His only purpose was to see her well, get her memory back and then ...the next thoughts always remained blank ...

He started arranging his cupboard , tucking away the blood stained picture of Aaliya in the piles of her snaps ...gently caressing it. An earring, his first gift laid like an incomplete soul in the drawer. He smiled ...and closed the door ...

The night came crawling and Zain had not left his room, afraid he might bump into her ...At 10:15 pm a knock came on his door ...

He opened it to see Rehmaan standing there ...

His face looked tensed, all of a sudden Zain was scarred...was Rhea OK...

Tumse kuch baat karni hai ...

He remained quiet, he knew every time he opened his mouth Rehmaan would shut him up and Zain was tired playing this game of hates ...

Woh Rhea ...

Theek toh hai na woh , he asked concerned ...kuch hua toh nahi na usse..Dr.Quereshi ...

Rhea giggled from the door, Zain looked up ...

Zain felt a sigh of relief ...Rheas eyes were filled with mischief ...Zain again continued ignoring her ...

Boliye ...his voice echoed now...

Woh... Rhea chahti thi ki woh ganesh visarjan dekhe...wahi jisme ganesh ki murtiyon koh Mumbai wale samandar mai bahate hai ...Zain, knew Rhea had intentionally baited him...

Toh aap chale jaiye uske saath ...

Rehman looked startled, Zain refusing to spend time with Rhea was unheard off.

Leke jaata par mai kal 2 din ko liye Jaipur jaa rah ahu ...toh zara usse ghooma laana ...please

Hearing Rehmaans please ...was magic and soothing to Zains ears ...

Theek hai ...

Rehmaan walked out , Zain came to close his door and saw Rhea winking at him ...

He quietly nodded his head in a smirk ...she wont let him stay quiet or away ...

The morning was pretty cloudy ...being a holiday, he decided to eat in his room ...not leaving it even for a minute ... it was 4:00 when he heard the knock again.