Ghutan

Chapter 8

Ghutan

His routine was fixed ...every night picking up the rose from the thrash can and waving and kissing her goodnight ...Aaliya could see he was hiding something from her ...every day when he came back from his second job he looked hurt ...his puppy face made her want to hug him tight ...what was hurting him from within ...puzzled her...

The sadness kept on piling till one day,when she was watering the plants ...he stood close to her ...

She looked up ...his face looked tensed ..as though he was fighting something ...she coldly walked away ...

he walked behind her one step at a time ...till she stopped and turned back...he stopped too and starred back.

The intensity in his eyes was scaring Aaliya, they spoke a story of his loneliness ...her constant ignorance her taunts ...and her indifference was taking a toll on him ...

Kya hua ...aise kyu ghoor rahe ho ...

He came close to her ...she walked back towards the wall...he kept his arms on both sides trapping her ...

Aaliya ...he was about to speak but then kept quiet ...

Seeing his face ...she was worried something was bothering him ...hurting him ...his breath touched her neck...it made an invisible mark ...that was sliding its edge like a knife on her flesh ...

Aaliya ...please ek baat maan lo...Mai sach mai tumhare saath sirf paanch minute baithna chahata hu ...

chachu ke alava koi nahi hai yaha ..aur woh bhi aaj saher se bahar gaye hai..

sirf paanch minute saath de do ...jaise tum kahogi waisa karunga ...promise...par sirf aaj ke liye ...

Nahi ...she moved his hand and started walking away ..

As he stood there frozen in his thoughts ...she realized his loneliness was too much today ...she turned back, he had already started walking away, disappointed and heartbroken ...

...accha theek hai ..aao mere saath ...Aaliya said after a thought of few seconds

he was happy she had finally relented to his demands ...

They both walked to a guest room ...she asked him to sit on the chair ...when he was about to sit ...she spoke ...agar tumhe baat karni hai toh kar lo ...par haa mujhse koi javab nahi milega ...

aur us khursi se tab tak nahi uthoge jab tak mai yaha se chali nahi jaati ...sirf paanch minute ke baad mai kamre se chali jaungi ...joh bolna hai bolo ...

He smiled ..theek hai ...

she closed the door...his heart was racing ...finally he had a chance to talk ...

she pulled the heavy curtains , cutting off the natural light and he was wondering what was she upto...suddenly she moved towards the lights and switched them off...it was pitch dark and he had no clue where she was ...

Zains eyes couldn't adjust to the sudden darkness ...for a few miliseconds it grobbed in the dark...he sat there still , knowing she was around him ...where he had no clue now ...it was only silence and a never ending eerie loneliness that were haunting him now..

He was with her ...yet lonely ...her way of letting him pour his heart out ... being along with him ..yet keeping him physically away from his senses, her feel ... confining him in a swaddled blanket of exile didn't go well on his heart ...