Nashukar

Chapter 74

Nasukhar

Suraiya ran with madness and took him in his lap...he had fainted ...she saw his hand it had two deep bite marks ...

she shouted for the driver who was busy smoking at the other side of the road ...

They rushed him to the nearest hospital ...the whole time Zain was in her lap and Suraiya had tied a cloth on his hand ...the swelling and the bluish tinge made her fears worse ...she was loudly saying her dua ...moving her hand on his hair ...his face now drenched with tears ...falling from her eyes ...devastated at his lifeless body ...

The hospital had seen previous case too...for snake bites ...

Doctor please kuch kijiye ...mere bete ki jaan bachaiye ...she was begging ...

Dekhiye madam aap please bahar wait kijiye ...mai abhi dekhta hoo...

The call to Fahad was the worst one...

Mom mai abhi aata hu ...

Haa par Rhea ya ghar par kisi koh mat batana ...please...

By the time Fahad reached ...they had injected the anti-venom and fortunately for Suraiya the snake bite was of a less venomous one...he was shifted to a room, but was still unconscious ...

She waited outside with Fahad ...the hospital had snatched Osman from her leaving him paralytic, an accident from which he never ever recovered ...her heart was sinking ...the whole scene when Zain had pulled her towards him away from the rock ...was to protect her ...she was too close to be bitten and he had held her in his arms ...not caring if the bite could kill him ...

She recalled all her curses ...all her words filled with hatred for him ...he was dead ...and now he really was close to it ..the darkness of her words came haunting her

That he didn't care for her ...and now looking at his hand ...she felt she was the worst mother ...for any child...

She was crying non stop ...Fahad held her and assured her Zain will be fine ...

The doctor asked them that it was safe to take him back home, he would not wake till tomorrow ...they slowly started the journey back home...Zain still sleeping in her lap ...and Suraiya not even blinking for more than a few seconds ...rest if something bad happens to him ...

When Rhea realized she was shattered ...Fahad carried Zain to his room and made him sleep on the bed ...covering him ...When Suraiya stood at the door crying profusely...

After everyone knew what had happened ...she walked out to her room ...leaving a crying Rhea on his bedside ...

It was mid-night when he stirred again ...Suraiya came rushing towards his bed side ...he had a high temperature, the doctor had said he would ...she slowly put the dab of ice-cold towel on his forehead ...changing the water frequently...caressing the drops of sweat that were forming on his face...

Rhea was kept away with great difficulty...Rehman had said that he and Suraiya will both look after Zain ...

At night she heard him murmuring ...she came closer to his chapped lips ...

Please baat kijiye naa ...mai nahi reh sakta aapke bina ...

Please ...Mommm...aur kab tak ...kyu kar rahe ho mere saath aisa ...kyuu...the words died in silence...She was sobbing holding his hand now...what all her hate had done to her child...he was all broken and she had done this to him...