Azmayish

Chapter 22

Azmayish ...

That night when Zain was in the store room ...Rhea couldn't sleep ...her images showed a gory site, he needed her ...the same cloudy man ...whose face she could not see...he was hit by a car and a blanket a white one with several colors had fallen on him...she was running and waking him up...

Her cry reached the room next door, Rehman woke up and came running besides Rhea ...

Kya hua bete...she was trembling ...he held her close... protecting her ...gently praying that these thoughts should recede without hurting her physically ...

For Rhea, it was she more than that ...her heart felt something was wrong somewhere ...something bad was happening ...but to whom ...she picked her cell and called him ...his cell was switched off...she called back several times to hear the same voice ...switched off...

Rehmaan saw her and understood, the strings of hearts were reeking in the beats...twitching it slowly ...he just patted her head and gently kissed her forhead, letting her sleep again ...

On the other side Suraiya was wide awake, sitting in her rocking chair ...

He was all alone ...just a walk and opening the door would let him free...what was he being punished for, she had no clue. She was blank...just starring at Osmans picture...looked like he was sad and angry at her...

The morning was unusually reticent the next day, only Rhea was chirpy ..talking non-stop ...Suraiya took the first bite of her paratha...and couldn't poke it down her throat...it stuck there meeting the big blob of pain filled sadness ...she wanted to rush to him and hug him ...it had been one night ...of lunatic loneliness. She walked off back to her room ...Rhea didn't see that no one had touched food  on the table ...

Both Fahad and Rhea spent the entire day in office...

Rhea remembering Zain every second ...and Fahad getting restless every few minutes. He had called several times and asked Nafeesa if Mom had gone down...she hadn't left the room, he was getting scared for both of them ...both their egos are clashing and they were getting hurt...he silently prayed that this difficult situation should come to an end...wish his dad would have been around ...he would have set things right ...

By late evening when he entered the house, he saw a tensed Nafeesa ...

Taking her aside away from Rhea...he asked ...Mom aayi thi ...

Nahi who apna ...darvaza bhi nahi khol rahi ...

He walked upstairs ...Mom please ...she opened the door at the fourth knock ...

Mom, please zidd chod dijiye ...kam se kam aap hi samjh jaaye...aap badi hai ...please khuda ke liye usse bahar bulaiye...ek  din se jyada ho chukka hai mom ...he was almost pleading now ...

With a silent Suraiya...Fahad just walked out ...like last time he couldn't blackmail her, the last time she had thrown Aaliya out and Zain was punished ...he had walked out of the house with everyone...and Suraiya had relented, but things were different now...he would not leave Suraiya ...she was all alone literally...but Zains pain ...his loneliness was biting him now...he thought he was fighting a losing battle between two ...an ego and impulsive behavior ...both disguised to hurt...

That night no one had dinner, making Rhea wonder if everything was all right ...she was missing Zain a lot ...she had grown used to his kitkit ... after thousand calls...she was crazily wanting to hear his voice...